Supply list

I used the forum search feature, but it didn't yield any results.

Has someone complied a "supply list" for the things you need to build your helmet & armor?

ie, E6000, hole punch, z size elastic, y sized nylon strapping, x size role of sew on Velcro?

There seems to be several different sizes of strapping for the biceps, chest/back armor, belt, knees. I would be cool if there was an actual list of supplies needed and recommended tools, like @BikerScout007 said in his video, "if your down to your last dollar, and you're at the hardware store and you're like, should I buy a drill, or should I buy a leather punch, buy the leather punch".

Just now, jsilvius said:

I used the forum search feature, but it didn't yield any results.

Has someone complied a "supply list" for the things you need to build your helmet & armor?

ie, E6000, hole punch, z size elastic, y sized nylon strapping, x size role of sew on Velcro?

There seems to be several different sizes of strapping for the biceps, chest/back armor, belt, knees. I would be cool if there was an actual list of supplies needed and recommended tools, like @BikerScout007 said in his video, "if your down to your last dollar, and you're at the hardware store and you're like, should I buy a drill, or should I buy a leather punch, buy the leather punch".

I should have asked, is there one in a format for copy an paste or print off, vs. on the video text overlay.

Hi James. There isn't a list per se and I believe that it might be a good idea and I'll discuss that with the armory staff. That being said if you print out the CRL that will give you a majority of the elastic strapping sizes for the armor, cotton webbing, and velcro for your boots and soft goods. We typically recommend a pair of lexan scissors for armor trimming, E6000 or Plastic-weld, Shoo-Goo for your boots, x-actos for boot cuts, zip ties for shoulders and thermal detonator, etc. Seeing that you have a few fantastic suits of armor you most likely already have a majority of the tools you need. Regardless I think your suggestion is a really good one and, as mentioned, I'll bring it up to the armory staff.

• Like 1

Buddy that's a great question!  I'm honestly not aware of one, and I should emphasize -- the Armor Party build video is aimed at newbies that are really getting started in the world of costuming.  More seasoned builders or hobbyists have some pro-stuff and would probably scoff at my list.   

To the extent this helps, here is the text from the video:

Dremel

Lexan Scissors

Drill (with 1/8th bit)

Leatherpunch

Rivet Gun

1/8 or 3mm rivets

1/8 Rivet washers

Heat Gun

Hot Glue Gun

Sanding blocks

Zip ties