Mandalorian scout cumberbund questions

Hey everyone,

After pretty much refusing to do it, I decided to build a Mandalorian scout.

I just started today and already off to a bad start with the cumberbund, I made one similar to my ROTJ bund and was just thinking of wearing it lower.

zVKSedE.jpeghJ1lktU.jpeg

1) Well the same size doesn’t work if I have to wear it half way around the posterior it won’t close obviously. So I’ll have to make another a bit longer.

jrTuUIN.jpegMO4qeph.jpeg

2) Also does anyone know the height the bund should be? The ROTJ bund is 8”-9” high but that seems too short to me, in the CRL it looks more like 10”-12” in height.

JXoWB0O.jpeg

3) Looking at the CRL as well as the thread on the display at SDCC, it looks like a one piece cod and bund. Is it really a 1 piece? I already made the new cod as well so may have to redo both.

I’ll add some pics of what I made, I’m using my ROTJ belt just for reference as well as some cotton pouches while I wait for the duck cloth.

Any input on the sizing would be greatly appreciated!

I think a 8-9" bund is fine and the height in your photo also looks fine. The original bunds and cods were made by StephTrooper and weren't designed to be worn the way they ended up being worn on the show -- they were just regular ROTJ style bunds and the show costumers did the rest.

And yes, the cod was attached to the bund in the show costumes, as can be seen in the SDCC photos. However, the CRL does not specifically state that the cod has to be attached to the bund for clearance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

I think a 8-9" bund is fine and the height in your photo also looks fine. The original bunds and cods were made by StephTrooper and weren't designed to be worn the way they ended up being worn on the show -- they were just regular ROTJ style bunds and the show costumers did the rest.

And yes, the cod was attached to the bund in the show costumes, as can be seen in the SDCC photos. However, the CRL does not specifically state that the cod has to be attached to the bund for clearance.

Thanks Corey,

I appreciate the clarification on this, looks like I just need to make a slightly larger bund to sit lower and still close.

I assume that even though they weren’t meant to be worn that way in the show- since they were worn that way and that’s what we have to do like in the CRL? Correct?

Thanks again 👍, time to get sewing again. 

Yes, for the Mando Scout you will need to sag your bund, as they did in the show and as is displayed in the CRL photos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Yes, for the Mando Scout you will need to sag your bund, as they did in the show and as is displayed in the CRL photos.

That’s what I figured and planning on.

Thanks again 👍

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Stryker_412 said:

Do you think where I’m holding them in place is about correct before I sew them on?

Yes, that looks about right.

Reference the SDCC costume:

AD52A408-F5A0-4732-B4CA-354DC51D7274_zps

Also is there a required length that the drop boxes are to hang from the belt? My ROTJ is about 1.5” and the remnant scout photos seem to hang several inches

A specific length is not called out in the CRL. However, looking at the SDCC photo, the belt boxes appear to be around 2"-2.5"-ish inches from the bottom edge of the bund. That should get you in the ballpark.

Since I already made two piece cod and bund, I’m going to try that for approval, in hopes there won’t be any issues with approval as it isn’t a one piece.

You shouldn't have an issue with a 2-piece cod and bund, b/c a one-piece isn't called out in the CRL. And even if it was in the future, it would likely be for Level 2/Lancer. If your GML has any questions about the CRL, they can always reach us via the Detachment Questions section of the main 501st boards.

• Like 2