Red tank topper detail

Hey guys,

Just wondering if the red line on the tank topper is supposed to be a sticker decal or painted on.

Cheers!

Lachy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CRL only says "red line detail" so either a decal or painted line is acceptable.

If you're asking what they actually did in ROTJ, we don't definitively know, as few have seen a true screen used kit.

• Like 3

The CRL only says "red line detail" so either a decal or painted line is acceptable.
If you're asking what they actually did in ROTJ, we don't definitively know, as few have seen a true screen used kit.

Ok beauty, thanks chopper! Of course, I might go down the decal path as it might look just that little bit cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I started with the decal provided with my kit
Bit it kept peeling off in the heat and humidity we troop in
So after a couple of troops I painted it on
Haven't looked back since

If you are in a cooler low humidity climate, you should be ok with the decal, but if not, be prepared to fix it regularly

Just my observation, but felt is worth putting out there

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pvicta said:

I started with the decal provided with my kit
Bit it kept peeling off in the heat and humidity we troop in
So after a couple of troops I painted it on
Haven't looked back since

If you are in a cooler low humidity climate, you should be ok with the decal, but if not, be prepared to fix it regularly

Just my observation, but felt is worth putting out there

I do live in Aus like you but over in Perth and having it peel off did cross my mind. I might see how long it lasts and if I start having peeling issues like you did I'll just paint it on haha

• Like 1

I do live in Aus like you but over in Perth and having it peel off did cross my mind. I might see how long it lasts and if I start having peeling issues like you did I'll just paint it on haha
Interestingly, the other decals like the tank rank bars have stood up to all weather conditions including several rainstorms
So in hindsight I'm thinking it's either the material the topper is made from (resin in my case, I think) or just that it's exposed to more

I'd be interested to see how you go after a few outings

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pvicta said:

Interestingly, the other decals like the tank rank bars have stood up to all weather conditions including several rainstorms
So in hindsight I'm thinking it's either the material the topper is made from (resin in my case, I think) or just that it's exposed to more

I'd be interested to see how you go after a few outings

mm yeah maybe because the red stripe is subject to complete sun exposure as well given that it's on top as opposed to the side decals. I'm going to be using PLA 3D printed armour I've printed myself (still need to sand it, I'm procrastinating haha) so hopefully that shouldn't affect it's adhesion.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think the other decals stick (rank stickers) because they're bigger with more surface area.  I painted my red stripe as well. Just go slow and its an easy paint.

• Like 4