Florians Scout Build WIP

Hi all,

I started last year in April for my research, bought the hard-parts kit from RS-Props and the softparts from keeptrooping. Everything was delivered in July and I was keen to start.

But starting with the helmet was not the best idea. I should have listened to my local 501st contacts 🙁

It took me some time to get motivated again and in parallel I had to finish my BobaFett and my Son's Kylo Ren costume.

After that I started with the rest of the armor and that went really well. Until today biceps, forearm, knees and holster are finished.

Thermal detonator will be done during the next days, I only had to wait for the clips to arrive. 

After that tank, back, chest and belt will be the last parts to put together. All parts are already cut out and sanded, I just need to glue/bolt them together.

The youtube videos from RS-Props are helping a lot!

In parallel I will order a finished helmet from RS-Props to be on the safe side. During the last weeks I made huge progress on all the parts, and I don't want to destroy my motivation in another attempt building the helmet.

Also the blaster is still missing. Found one on Etsy. Maybe I will order this one.

In the beginning I set myself under pressure and wanted to finish everything until a specific date. But only after I ignored this date, I began to enjoy the process of building.

What motivated me the most was the first part that was completely finished and I was able to put it on.

I am not a pro builder, for sure but maybe my findings will help somebody on the way:

• Search for videos on how to build the armor – watch them repeatedly
  • See what tools the guys in the videos are using, some of them are very useful
    • Dremel, glue, pliers for example
  • Check your parts if you have all of them, go through the videos and CRL, write down everything you need to buy – and the buy it! (I know it sounds obvious but I did it different and sponsored some companies more than I wanted to 😉 )
  • Check out the pictures of the CRL
  • Download the pictures on your smartphone to be able to check them quick
  • Start with some easy parts – putting a finished part on is a huge motivator
  • Take your time – to much pressure kills motivation
  • During the build, it can help seeing a finished costume in real. If there are events or conventions in your surrounding, go there. Take pictures. Ask questions.

Biceps_small.jpg

Forearm_small.jpg

Knee_small.jpg

While I was writing my first post, the clips for the detonator arrived. Today I had some time to finish also this part.

Slow and steady wins the race. Looks like things are coming together for you. If you have any questions let us know.

• Like 1