About Acrylic paint Weathering

Hi guys,I'm working on a Mandalorian scout trooper armor, it seems the best weathering way is using oil paint.

But considering the smell of turpentine I'm using acrylic paint to do the weathering,and then there's the problem..

Acrylic paint drys so fast,unable to leave a smooth effect on the seam section.Should I use an airbrush to got the smooth edge?

53565886222_c8c24ed5c7_b.jpg

Well now. Ask an artist :)

You could try using an Acrylic Flow Improver. There are several makes on the market. They increase the fluidity and flow of the paint without diluting or decreasing the opacity  as much as water does. They do also increase drying time a little. 

Get a small bottle to try it out.

• Like 3

If you're on a small budget, what I do with acrylics is blob them on, then douse a paper towel with rubbing alcohol and dab at the paint to knock it back.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Plasma said:

Well now. Ask an artist :)

You could try using an Acrylic Flow Improver. There are several makes on the market. They increase the fluidity and flow of the paint without diluting or decreasing the opacity  as much as water does. They do also increase drying time a little. 

Get a small bottle to try it out.

Thanks!I just remembered that I got Vallejo Flow Improver for my plastic models……I will try it!

9 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

If you're on a small budget, what I do with acrylics is blob them on, then douse a paper towel with rubbing alcohol and dab at the paint to knock it back.  

I rubbing it in with water, but not smooth enough on the paint edges

• Like 1