TB-36000 MT Build

I've finally decided to give this armor a go now that I have a bit of time between projects. There's not much to show at the moment but I'll be printing my own 3D files for the armor and using @troygordon2 spectacular Mountain Trooper helmet. I'll update the section as I finish items.

Helmet:  Luna Armor Works @troygordon2

Armor:  MrPoopie 3D files (Link)

Shirt:  TBD probably make it myself

Trousers:  Unknown maker (received from another Trooper)

Tassets:  Haus of Poopie (myself)

Pouches:  Haus of Poopie (myself)

Gloves:  Endor Finders, Rogue One Trooper Gloves (Link)

Gaiters:  Will make myself

Boots:  From Amazon (Link), will be painting white

Blaster:  MrPoopie 3D files

Printed the forearms and working on resin coating them with UV resin. I'll cure this sand then cure a another layer until it's smooth. The initial print is pretty smooth to begin with and was printed on a fairly small layer height 0.16mm with 5 walls and 15% infill. Most of the smaller parts will probably be printed with these settings as they work fairly well and don't too long to print for the quality that I get. I may go to a higher layer height for the chest and back just because they're so large and will take forever on 0.16mm. I'll comment with the print settings on other parts as I go through them. I have some forearm greebles that I previously printed on my resin printer and will be using those. The forearms are from the FOTK so the details will match what they used for the armor. 

AP1GczNh3h08E3bCVxQhbNN7RDwkl-IHQl8IQ-6K

Some pics of the helmet. I still need to give it a clear gloss coat and add some internal pads, but otherwise it's good to go and looks great.

AP1GczPT6vChkjT4RdOmMKuT7Sy0qmcfa0PE7fJy

AP1GczOJYzTw3Sp8zj0kb6JRQaOApLyD8J2QLuYe

AP1GczPEHpDRL4nNN1KkJ5ebjfDwJefbfrpAqPMv

The shots in the CRL are of my blaster and I'll be using that one. I may build an E-22 at some point but we'll see how I feel later.

50715210776_0fc63e8072_b.jpg

50715289957_5a147b2e7a_b.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Amazing stuff.

Checked out @troygordon2 Etsy store.  Shame he only ships those buckets within the US

3 hours ago, TreeHuggerMatt said:

Amazing stuff.

Checked out @troygordon2 Etsy store.  Shame he only ships those buckets within the US

I'll PM you. Etsy is horribly difficult to work with lately.

• Like 2

A couple of updates. I got my trousers in a few weeks back from another helpful Trooper. They were originally made for a Tanker but they're the same for the Mountain Trooper. The trousers were  little large around the waist for me so I added a couple of pleats and a set of belt loops. My plan is to have the Tassets and Pouches attached to the belt using snap tape so that I can get some of the weight on my hips instead of everything on my shoulders. The pleats will be hidden by the Tassets so I'm not worried about the them showing.

Trousers

AP1GczPvTNHb3PwkD_vAMTsMNTcGqQal1QZ6sxrv

I was also able to finish my Tassets today. They have snap tape on the reverse sides to attach to the belt on the trousers. There is also more snap tape on the front where the Pouches will attach. Snap tape is very strong but also allows things to be removed for cleaning. I have an aversion to velcro and try to only use it where it's absolutely necessary.

Tassets

For each Tasset I cut out 2 pieces of white canvas duck cloth. I had to extend the pattern out about 2.5" since my original pattern was cut too short. I also cut to 2 layers of medium weight batting to fill out the tassets as well as help with the top detail stitching which comes later. I pinned everything together on the sides in preparation for sewing. Remember that everything is sewn inside out so that it can be flipped and the seams and selvage will be on the inside.

AP1GczPAB5iw_h41zXhtwQTtizXZQDCTgeHmfgHM

I almost forgot to sew the snap tape on before sewing the Tassets together. The longer snap tape sections will attach to the belt.

AP1GczNxEqU2VobNia89g0LFl0xh-DhfwlgrxnXl

The short snap tape is for the Pouches.

AP1GczNqZnSIwtG-EmQctWwl6HwMYjFVR_gWsMXf

After sewing the edges you need to cut away as much of the extra batting as possible without cutting into the stitches. This will help a lot when you turn everything inside out so that there isn't a load of bunched up material on the seam. You should also clip your corners. This also helps to create sharper corners when flipped inside out.

AP1GczP5QANqR8udyK7tSzGmBtq85QK_iqMKNsHG  AP1GczMi3Lyi_5FfC9q-25YeyThaU4JjQHxKSqBF

I now needed to add the detail stitching. The horizontally placed pins help me line up a ruler when sewing to keep as straight a line as possible. It can be a little tricky to get this right. You can see that this is the front of the Tassets because of the short snap tape.

AP1GczM1Dfq4HvQvqdNI8boS-57wUa4cmz_b81tc

Finished detail work. Left side Front.

AP1GczMq02MzEcX-6zh4gJOzAtBzs4OwiwCh-lnh

Left side back.

AP1GczP-BXUd73cNGvAlKsqAvFKZykvE7ZnoOGJG

There will be more pics once I get them attached to the belt and get the Pouches finished.

Got some more work done this weekend.

Pouches

The Pouches are complete and I was also able to get the snap tape added to the trousers belt. The trouser belt will be hidden underneath the armor belt. I was originally hoping that these pouches would be the same size as the ROTJ Scout pouches but alas these pouches were 8.5"H x 7"W x 2"D. These pouches were a bit of a headache to figure out how to make the small side triangle work properly. It seems easy but in reality remembering which flap connects to what and also which side the velcro strips need to go on is a lot to figure out at first. When you build pouches you build them inside out and then flip everything so that the seams and selvage are not visible afterwards. This can be a bit confusing when building something for the first time. At least it's done now.

Pattern for main pouch body.

AP1GczNMlyRP_Vuth9AoMOWCtTZovS_8jJlMULZp

Pattern for pouch front flap.

AP1GczOnlSxDAGANoJHGcoajV0PT32BHl_HC_6Xs

Pattern for pouch back attachment flap.

AP1GczPi4CL-mu2XvD-5UvxcF0yUHDq9lH7i8kR1

Attachment flap with snap tape to connect to the Tassets.

AP1GczPHqp-9Wfk0LZr8RnsQ5XiG4i7DbhoUnbWc

Attachment flap and front flap pinned to the main body of the pouch ready to be sewn together.

AP1GczNKjUpR8--3CGw5G-d-tFvNt_rEAyyEzzR6

Another picture of the arrangement before sewing.

AP1GczOpkfnAvSy5NSY8kDvIGY1KX7HGl0Rtxj6_

After sewing the 3 parts together as well as a closer detail of the side triangle piece on the front flap.

AP1GczPjNSHc4ErNsFGJxJXmi7zXM3tPdF3Ashl2

And the backside with the snap tape. It can be difficult to see what's going on here.

AP1GczNC8GAuNspj3fOHefbjBTiBYnBbS29CfmBa

The finished pouches.

AP1GczPQUHvqy_ZaYuQC1Wo1WO6nrB6NtbAgVT5T

AP1GczOvZrhWXYUc7JsKvybudgL8xZQpMN6Bw7Db

Now a couple of pictures of the completed snap tape on the trouser belt where the Tassets will connect to.

AP1GczODGLk3bE48pjrDBTxJE2oCCGMSFGpJiwtj

AP1GczOPa9tc_jDByH6HUNHyZmRWEZq5sM9iAt31

Test fitting after the Tassets, Pouches and trouser belt were completed. The pouches still need some foam or filler to give them some body but that's an easy fix for later.

AP1GczNPO1eVYoWzldDd-S_Y7tCY6jXoTFE8VD_F AP1GczNEST_yH_Lz5r7sexB_5zk8eJ6KKQAACHO5

AP1GczP4MLET06YF2-AM0p4EM4Jg9naRVSEvM8qO

• Like 1