Welcome to the 2024-2025 Term!

BikerScout007

pathfinders-directory24-25.jpg?rlkey=xpt

THANK YOU PATHFINDERS!!

I am both honored and humbled to continue on as Detachment Leader for the 2024-2025 Term.  Last term was one of the best ones of my tenure, in large part to the excitement around the 40th Anniversary of "Return of the Jedi" -- the origin point of our Detachment's founding costume.  Thank you all for joining us for the festivities.  I can't wait for the 50th!

This year should be a back-to-basics year, with no major anniversaries (well other than "The Rise of Skywalker") and no Celebration until Japan 2025.  But as always, we are ready and willing to help you all meet your costume goals!  

CRLs

The only CRL we are working on currently is the ST Grunt variant from "Andor", and we are just a few photos away from completing it.  Other than that... let's just see what Disney has in store for us!

Merch

As last year was all about the ROTJ Scout, this year we will be returning to a more Pathfinders-centric theme.  So if your costume was left out last term, expect to see it this time around!   Also, with the Legion working on a revamp of the merch rules, we are hoping to be able to offer some mainstays with a bit more regularity, like a Detachment t-shirt.  We are standing by, watching as that unfolds.

Videos

The Pathfinders videos are some of the most popular ones on the Legion's YouTube channel.  As a matter of fact, the 1st, 3rd and 10th most popular videos are all ours -- so we are making even more!  This year we plan to bring you the Armor Party Part 2: Soft Goods as well as a video covering all the CRL tweaks to the ROTJ Scout since the original video back in 2020 (currently the Legion's most popular video with almost 9K views!)

Staff

A new term means more people hitting me up for Staff jobs :D  Sorry folks, just like last time, the current roster of Pathfinder officers and armorers are staying right here in the bunker!  

I know I'm pretty good at getting my face out there, but I truly could not do it without these fine folks, so I want to take this time to put a spotlight on them all:

Command

@Dart Executive Officer - When I took this job I was just under 4 years in the Legion, and it's been great having Andry to lean on for some of that institutional knowledge that predated me.  He's also always quietly in the background working on the website and database, making sure we have a smooth operating front end.

@Chopper Captain of the Guard - Fair-minded, even-keeled and with a great depth of knowledge, Chopper has been a rock of this Detachment, and we are all lucky to have him.  He's one of my favorite folks to bounce ideas off and our debates always leave me better prepared to tackle new challenges.

@MrPoopie Detachment Costume Advisor - What more is there to say about the legend, the icon, the one and only Mr. Poopie?  If you've got some costume that you just can't find a kit for, chances are, Justin has already designed 3D files for it.  How many folks have built not just one, but TWO speeder bikes -- one of which is completely mobile?  His accomplishments speak for themselves.

@KOtrooperDetachment Costume Advisor - Our second most popular family of costumes has a true champion with Melody.  She's an expert builder, both when it comes to armor and soft goods.  Not to mention she has a great sense of design, as anyone that has the Recon Fatale shirt can attest.  We are so glad to have her here at Pathfinders!

@Jakeputt Detachment Costume Advisor -  After building a Scout and going for Lancer, Jake single-handedly breathed life back into one of our oldest costumes, the Kashyyyk Trooper.  After we lost Grumpy and Ferra, Jake picked up the ball and ran with it, spurring new folks to start building Kashyyyks again.  I'm really going to be leaning on him in 2025, when the Kashyyyk turns 20 years old!

@Hask Detachment Costume Advisor - Hard to believe, but before joining Pathfinders, Kris was just a soft costume guy.  But something about the Patrol Trooper spoke to him and he embraced it and Pathfinders whole-heartedly, becoming one of only two folks to have Level 2 as a PT.  He's also become a Lancer Scout, so he knows his stuff.  Also helps that he's been Pathfinders' LMO rep, which has been a real boon when writing CRLs!

@plagu3isMerchandise & Branding Officer - John, my brother, one of the Pathfinders I've known the longest, and someone I speak to every day.  You have been a genius at taking whatever crazy idea I have for merch and turning it into a reality.  The spinning 20th anniversary coin is still one of my favorite things.  I can't wait to collaborate with you this term!

@Minimo Public Relations Officer & Armorer - Joe started out as one of our Shoretooper armorers, as we recruited him as soon as we realized what a great builder he was. But when I put out the wanted sign for a PR officer, he answered the call and really delivered.  PR is something I never need to worry about, as Joe does a masterful job of keeping our social media going every single day!  So many times I see a photo I want posted, only to find out Joe has already done it.  Kudos, man.

@Jennk182 Public Relations Officer - Jenn has been a leader in the Detachment, both in PR and in running Recon Fatale, the fireteam for the women of the 501st Pathfinders.  Besides keeping Recon Fatale's social media populated with great photos, Jenn has also taken the lead in making sure RF is represented with some of the best merch around.  Though she got a little tied up with the birth of the Imperial Scottish Garrison, Jenn is back for more in 2024!

Armor Team

@Retrofire Armor Team - Pete is the definition of "overqualified" :D  Besides having previously held the position of Captain of the Guard, Pete was my rival for DL back in 2018.  He knows his stuff, and though some real world concerns have kept him from spending as much time here as he would probably like, I am glad to have him here when he is able.  

@Aradun Armor Team - Enthusiastic, caring and selfless, Dennis has made a big impression here since joining the Detachment in August 2020.  When a new position on the Armor Team opened up, it was a no-brainer.  A lot of people owe the ease of their builds to Dennis, and I'm happy to have him on the team.

@Ruthar Armor Team - Taylor, besides being GCO of NER Garrison, is a very involved builder, serving roles in many different Detachments.  Here at Pathfinders, his specialty is the Patrol Trooper, and he is one of only two Pathfinders to have reached "CHiPs" status with his build.  A great asset to the team.

@M.J Armor Team - Kelly, or as I like to call her "the night shift", is often on the forum while those of us in the US and Europe are tucked in our beds!  When it comes to soft goods, which is a HUGE component of the Biker Scout, Kelly is second-to-none, and I am so glad that she is still here as one of, if not THE longest serving member of the Armor Team.

Well that is all for now!  Let's get those buckets on!

Mickey Bukowski
TB/ST-81974
Pathfinders Detachment Leader

• Like 24

Looking forward to serving Pathfinders and showcasing all our Fem Pathfinders!

Tip Of The Spear!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2