Have questions about quality of my armor

Hello! I recently begun my journey to make a scout trooper and due to the limited amount of time I have I decided to buy a made kit off of someone from a Facebook group I’m in.

This person did state that the armor was not 501st approvable which I understood, but I also looked over his armor before buying to see what could be salvageable. 

So far I have ruled out that the flight suit, cummerbund, and possibly chest and back armor are not acceptable but I am also torn on the chest and back armor because it looks like I may be able to save it without having to scout out the internet for replacement armor. 

Attached is a google drive link with pictures of all the armor from the vendor after arriving at my house, any help identifying if this is acceptable/can be saved for all the armor is greatly appreciated! I did refer to the CRLs and it looks like most armor falls in line, but I am new and have never made armor before so I could be wrong!

Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mGJqDrNm3OQnWyufFSL8ita2BETPOlBY

Thank you all again!!!!!

Hi Justin, the seller told you the truth -- if your intention is for 501st approval, then unfortunately the armor you purchased is not going to work.

If your goal is just to costume and have a great time at cons and such, then by all means go for it!

But if joining the 501st is your goal, then I recommend you look at getting a new set of armor. A lot of US based folks get their kits from Studio Creations.

https://www.studiocreations.com/howto/bikerscout/forsale_bike_trimmedarmorkit.html

Sorry I can't bring better news. Please let us know if you need any further help on your scout journey.

• Thanks 3

Dang that’s unfortunate to hear, is there nothing that’s really salvageable? If not I totally understand that and I may just gift the armor to my girlfriend cause she wants any kind of armor :)

10 hours ago, TheSenate501 said:

Dang that’s unfortunate to hear, is there nothing that’s really salvageable? If not I totally understand that and I may just gift the armor to my girlfriend cause she wants any kind of armor :)

That might be your best course of action. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that's salvagable. When you compare this to whatever new kit you get, you'll see why.

But, we're here to help, so please post up when you get your new kit and we'll be happy to advise you.

• Like 2

If you decide to pursue membership with the 501st and pick up new armor, be sure to take a look at the armor comparison thread below. At the very least it will give you a list of vetted armors for use as a Scout.

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/17774-the-ultimate-armor-comparison-thread/

Most armor vendors can be reached via Facebook or have websites. There is also a vender thread that may be helpful, especially when looking for soft goods.

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/19003-biker-scout-vendor-list/

As others on the team have stated, feel free to ask any questions or check in before pulling the trigger on a purchase if you want to verify anything. We’re here to help.

• Like 3

I have decided to go with the MC Scout! I’ll open a new thread on the build progress, thank you all for the advice!

• Like 4