TD corrugated tube STL

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find a thermal detonator STL to print where the tube is corrugated and bumpy? I’m using Mr Poopy’s smooth TD tube design which is great but I’ve gone off the idea of actually wire wrapping the tube and would rather the lighter weight option of it being printed with the bumps. I’m not very good at designing 3D objects either but if worst comes to worst I’ll give it a try but I don’t like my chances.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a 1 foot section of corrugated pool tubing (used between pump/filter of pool) for five bucks at Ace and I think it turned out great. Also used @MrPoopieTD files.  Granted I haven’t been approved so you may want to check with someone with more knowledge. But hoping this works out!

EGCi2YH.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LookBehindYou said:

I picked up a 1 foot section of corrugated pool tubing (used between pump/filter of pool) for five bucks at Ace and I think it turned out great. Also used @MrPoopieTD files.  Granted I haven’t been approved so you may want to check with someone with more knowledge. But hoping this works out!

EGCi2YH.jpeg

This is probably the best option and a lot less likely to break!

• Like 3

I picked up a 1 foot section of corrugated pool tubing (used between pump/filter of pool) for five bucks at Ace and I think it turned out great. Also used [mention=80362]MrPoopie[/mention]TD files.  Granted I haven’t been approved so you may want to check with someone with more knowledge. But hoping this works out!
EGCi2YH.jpeg

Actually yeah I did think about pool tubing and was actually looking for STL’s of pool tubing as a last ditch effort I’d might as well just get proper pool tubing! Thanks heaps

• Like 1

Looks good and with pool tubing it will be less weighty on your belt.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My partners parents have some spare grey plastic washing line cord and was wondering if this would be alright to use on the TD to wrap around the tubes? I’m thinking the wire is too thin but pls let me know! Otherwise yeah I’ll just go down the pool tubing route. The cord is 4mm in diameter.

Pic below:

2af9817163d02adc18aa204bed5ac091.jpg

Hard to tell, it's in the ballpark but might be a little thin. Typically people use split electrical cord. 

You should know that, when it comes to trooping, the wrapped tube is heavier than the pool tubing. I made a wrapped tube myself and ditched it early on bc it wasn't practical when walking around. 

• Like 2

I did the same thing as @Chopper and stopped trooping with my wire wrapped TD. It's heavy and nobody call tell anyway. I have it hanging around somewhere but it's basically be retired.

• Like 1

Ditto for me as well. It’s not a lot of weight, but for me, the added weight sitting on the small of the back did cause a little ache at the end of long troops, which was unexpected.

• Like 1

Mm yeah I’m not super keen on adding any more weight than I need to, and with me living in Aus where I imagine trooping in summer in costume is killer, adding a heavy td into the mix probably isn’t such a great idea haha