Been a few years, ready to build my scout

holmie827

Goodmorning all, I am planning on going with SC Hard Parts, need slight guidance with soft parts, but the biggest thing is my helmet. I previously had an Altmann which was such a beautiful helmet however I will need a helmet that will fit my giant head with padding inside, a size 8 fitted hat is comfortable to me so not sure if anyone else has a large head that can point me in the right direction for a helmet!

Any help is very much appreciated and i'm going to attempt the entire build myself (armor trimming and assembly) and possibly my boots? Ill be doing a build thread in the appropriate category on the forum.

Thank you in advance!

As another large-domed Scout, I can tell you you're not going to fit in the SC helmet.  So just get the armor

Altmann is good.  Kropserkel also.  RS Props helmet is very spacious too.  

And if all else fails, you can go the 3D printed route.  But I'd try any of those above first

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holmie827 said:

where can one obtain an Altmann or Kropserkel? They still making them or do I need to find one from someone?

Kropserkel has been winding down their Scout business, but I believe they still have some kits left (I was able to get a new one about a year ago).  Just write them an email:

info@kropserkel.com

Spike offers the Altmann helmet through this site:

• Like 1