Rank bars rules

Just clarifying that if my tank decal doesn’t sport the extra trapezoid detail, that I’m still able to go for 4 ranks bars? My understanding is that 1, 4 or 6 rank bars is acceptable without the trapezoid detail, but only 4 is accepted when the trapezoid is present.

Hoping I can use 4 without the trapezoid as it’s my birth date haha

Cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just clarifying that if my tank decal doesn’t sport the extra trapezoid detail, that I’m still able to go for 4 ranks bars? My understanding is that 1, 4 or 6 rank bars is acceptable without the trapezoid detail, but only 4 is accepted when the trapezoid is present.

Hoping I can use 4 without the trapezoid as it’s my birth date haha

Cheers!

L

Sorry need clarification. What trapezoid are you talking about?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, L0CKSTER said:

What you are describing is a Level 2/Lancer specification. For basic clearance, it is not a requirement.

For Level 2, you can use 1 and 6 bars without the trapezoid. If you want to use 4 bars, then you need the trapezoid and they 4 bars need to be double thickness.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

Only 1, 4 or 6 "rank bars" on tank are acceptable:

• Like 1

What you are describing is a Level 2/Lancer specification. For basic clearance, it is not a requirement.
For Level 2, you can use 1 and 6 bars without the trapezoid. If you want to use 4 bars, then you need the trapezoid and they 4 bars need to be double thickness.
OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
Only 1, 4 or 6 "rank bars" on tank are acceptable:

Ah amazing thanks for clearing that up! I’ll go ahead and pop 6 on to my tank as I don’t have the trapezoid.

Cheers
L

Just making sure you understand the clarification provided. You mentioned earlier that you wanted to use 4 rank bars b/c of your birthday.

For basic you can use 4 bars with or without the trapezoid. There is no mention of the trap detail for basic. As Chopper noted, the trap is only noted for Level 2 certification and if the trap is present then you must use 4 ranks bars to meet L2 requirements.

Now if you are going to put 4 bars on the tank make sure they are each 1/4” thick. That way if you ever decide to pursue L2 all you need is a small piece of black vinyl that you can use to cut the trap detail and add it to the tank.

• Like 2

Just making sure you understand the clarification provided. You mentioned earlier that you wanted to use 4 rank bars b/c of your birthday.

For basic you can use 4 bars with or without the trapezoid. There is no mention of the trap detail for basic. As Chopper noted, the trap is only noted for Level 2 certification and if the trap is present then you must use 4 ranks bars to meet L2 requirements.

Now if you are going to put 4 bars on the tank make sure they are each 1/4” thick. That way if you ever decide to pursue L2 all you need is a small piece of black vinyl that you can use to cut the trap detail and add it to the tank.

Thanks Aradun, yeah I understand now the that L2 requirements are what stipulate the allowance of the use of the 4 bars and that I can only use 4 (thicker) bars if my tank has a trapezoid for L2 approval, but am free to use 4 for basic without the need for the trapezoid.

I will want to shoot for lancer in the future so I’m just sort of ticking off easier L2 requirements as I go, and I don’t actually have the trapezoid decal haha so hence why I chose 6 as I wouldn’t have been able to go for 4 for L2 down the line anyway. And I’m not too bothered about having 4 for my birthday, thought it would be a nice touch but I don’t mind either way!

Thanks again for checking that I understand, and I was thinking about this yesterday but the amount of help you guys all give to peeps with questions like me day in and day out is incredible and so valuable. Don’t ever think that we don’t appreciate you! Proud to be part of this community.

Alright time to stop being mushy thanks again!

• Like 1

We're here to serve the membership and we're honored to do so. Please continue to keep asking those questions and keep up the great work!

• Like 1