Plasma (Larry) Patrol Trooper WIP

Plasma

Just now, Mandrake said:

I personally don't use the batton as a prop,so I've just used tape carefully placed so it sits in the holster,and if memory serves I think I screwed my my TD in , although industrial strength / 3m velcro would probably do the trick.

Yes, I too was wondering whether to fix the baton in permanetaly. I will see how my idea works first. Once, when I was a TK Incinerator, I had my TD pinched by some kid. Luckily, the Officer trooping with us saw the urchin do it and retrieved it. I will avoid velcro this time.

I personally have everything stuck in place,the only thing to add, when dressing,is the pew pew ;) one thing to bare in mind with the top chest straps, is your more than likely not going to be able to bend and slot them in the back when you are suited up.
However as I've said to you before you'll more than likely to need assistance getting everything on anyway 86c9f02b39e6082cd028b32215b69258.jpgf85b041da48de6163881fadaf0a4cb8a.jpg

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've never been able to fully dress myself in this armor. The chest and back are awkward to align once the abs and belt are on. I'll see if I can dig up a picture of my belt. It's basically 2 belts in one. There is the outer rubber belt and an inner belt made from canvas and Velcro. All of the boxes and TD are attached using Chicago Screws. I also used leather straps and snaps for my baton. It has enough tension to hold the baton very securely. I can't put it back without help once I've taken it out so I don't do it very often. 

PT-Belt

PT-Belt

PT-Belt

Pt Baton Holster

Pt Baton Holster

• Like 2

Well, I dont believe it, but after all my trepidation about doing the belt - it's nearly finished. I have yet to figure out how I will attach everything. The belt closes behind the right box using a combination of velcro and magnets when on the abs section.

When finished, I will be able to partially suit up and see what it looks like.

IMG-5187.jpg

• Like 4

Parts of my belt are glued to the ab section.

• 2 weeks later...

I am securing the belt items now but need to know if the pop studs I have bought are ok. They are a sort of gun metal. Some photos of the PT seem to show them as black but the CRL images seem more gun metal to me. Advice?

IMG-5234.jpg

There is nothing to say they have to be Black. And should your GML insist its an easy job to paint them.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the midst of returning to the UK so progress has slowed a little. However, I have a leather jacket and ribbed material for the arms en-route thanks to MrPoopie. So, the jacket may start to take form soon. In the meantime, I decided to print MrPoopies helmet as I think its a more accurate design than my Etsy purchase. I was worried it would not fit my head but it's perfect.

I am working on it now.....

IMG-5262.jpg

Can anyone recommend (or have to sell) green lens material. Previously I had to buy an entire face shield for £25 from the UK.

• Like 3

I should be able to help you out!! I've got surplus COVID face shields for my girlfriend's bo katan build,I've also got green window tint , I'll get them out of storage and post them here to see if you think they are suitable 😉 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mandrake said:

I should be able to help you out!! I've got surplus COVID face shields for my girlfriend's bo katan build,I've also got green window tint , I'll get them out of storage and post them here to see if you think they are suitable 😉 

Fantastic! Thanks. I am living in Italy but hoping to return to the UK around September so it can wait until I am back. Posting to Italy (and its inept postal service) is a nightmare - not to mention customs and VAT on imports from the UK...... 

• Like 2

I found a ladies lambskin leather jacket in an Antiques shop in Wales for £35. Its tight around the chest but it can be let out using the sleeves as material, add a zip and replace the sleeves with ribbed material purchased from MrPoopie.

I'd advise adding some mesh material somewhere,if you can, it's going to get hot in costume !!!

• Like 1

Found someone in the ISG that would make the stuff for me but its not gonna be cheap but she is reaosbanly local and would be properly fitted and tailored not just send measurements and hope lol

• Like 3