Batphobic New Rogue One Shoretrooper

Got my beautiful Shoretrooper kit (850 Armor) and excited to get started! I have a TD that I built in 2014 (td20290.com) and now building a second kit. I want it to pass basic legion inspection but it will be used by my 15-yr-old (who's taller than me) -- so, Galactic Academy -- when we attend troops together as father and son. 

Will post frequently, probably, with questions to make sure I'm doing this right before I make any cuts! Thanks in advance for your support and guidance!

20240102_144217.jpg

20240102_141944.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Benjamin! Welcome to the PFD! You’ll be in good hands with our Shore Trooper armorers, @KOTrooper and @Minimo . Be sure to reach out if you have any questions!

• Like 2

Hey Ben!! Welcome to the Pathfinders!!! Ask away, we are here if ya need us!!! Have fun!

• Like 1

Looking forward to your build! Happy to help when you need it.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone have a reliable (if not official) length/height of the vertical tube on the back of the belt? (talking about the one in this photo)

15171029_10209779117367442_4946262558801685382_n.jpg

On 2/26/2024 at 3:16 PM, batphobic said:

Anyone have a reliable (if not official) length/height of the vertical tube on the back of the belt? (talking about the one in this photo)

15171029_10209779117367442_4946262558801685382_n.jpg

Hi @batphobic! Apologies for the delayed response. I personally am not aware of an "official" measurement length. Other members might be able to chime in on that. But here is mine. It's 5.5 inches (14cm). Hope that helps!

Photo-Feb-28-2024-5-45-28-PM.jpg?rlkey=u

Photo-Feb-28-2024-5-45-43-PM.jpg?rlkey=3

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Makin' a little progress! But up against my next question:

Overall I'm pleased with the vacuum formed kit. But the plates over the front of the greaves, as well as both knee pieces aren't crisp enough for me. 

Any ideas on sources for *just those parts*? 

I'm not certain the Sean Fields files are accurate enough? I contacted Mr Paul and he doesn't sell/provide the 3D files for just those parts.

Have you already weathered them? You can really change up the look after weathering.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Thanks Melody that's a good point. Maybe I do an "alpha" version now with the parts I have and "beta" version later if/when I get crisper parts just to keep making progress.
(And no... haven't begun painting yet... going slower than I had hoped)