Craig's Tree Dodging (ROTJ Scout Trooper) WIP

Figured I'd best get this started after doing some research and checking against the CRL...

We're lucky in the UK that we've got some great suppliers of both soft and hard kit - RS, RWA (who supplied my TIE), but I felt I'd be cheating myself if I didn't go with Chef. 😀

So, after reaching out to Chef and being added to his list, this is where I'm at currently -

Helmet / Armour: Chef's Creations
Soft Parts (inc. boots): Chef's Creations (already have a balaclava from my TIE Pilot, however)
Blaster: Chef's Creations

Gloves: Chef doesn't supply these - I was originally going to go with Wampawear, but they're out of stock at present, so I may go with KeepTrooping while they're open for the January wave. 

I hope I'm right in thinking the above won't cause me any problems - I think it's mostly a case of buckling up while I'm waiting for Chef to work his magic...

I did have one question, however - I see the neck seal is an optional item, but the CRL specifies fabric only - is Darman still the way to go for this if I do decide to get one? 

• Like 1

You will be fine by going with Chef. The Keep Trooping/Imperial Boots gloves are fine as well.

Correct, the neck seal is still optional and yes, Darman is the vendor most folks have used for cloth neck seals.

• Like 1

@VynnDrax
And my experience with DarmansProps was a very positive one. Friendly and very communicative throughout the process. I'll also add that after giving them my measurements, I had the product in my hands 8 days later. Obviously, I know this comes down to workload, etc. but I thought that was a pretty quick turn around time. As you may have seen they offer a couple different versions...
Darmans-Props-Neck-Seal-Description.jpg?

It also has a similar shape that the 501st CRL pic has too. Where it conforms to the neck - which I absolutely love...
ROTJ-Scout-Neck-Seal-Comparison.jpeg?rlk

But yeah you should be very happy should you decide to go with this vendor!
😎 👍

(I went with the "Premium Style Bib" and "Hook & Loop Closure")

ROTJ-Scout-Neck-Seal.jpg?rlkey=kw8xhjtrp

Cheers,

-Iron

Edited by Chopper
WIP thread. Edited as per: https://forum.501stpathfinders.com/topic/21849-moderation-and-wip-threads
  • Like 1

I have Keep Trooping Gloves and I love em. Craig personally I would not worry about the neck seal.

• Like 1

Thanks all! 

I think I'll leave the neck seal as it's optional (and probably won't be all that visible anyway). 

Gloves ordered from KeepTrooping yesterday after checking on sizing, and measurements have gone in to Chef, so just a waiting game now. :) 

• Like 1

Chef has good stuff and fantastic customer service. It takes awhile but he always follows through.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gloves arrived from KeepTrooping yesterday - unsurprisingly they fit like, well, a glove!

(Tapatalk isn't letting me upload a picture, so will try and share later...)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 11:22 AM, VynnDrax said:

Figured I'd best get this started after doing some research and checking against the CRL...

We're lucky in the UK that we've got some great suppliers of both soft and hard kit - RS, RWA (who supplied my TIE), but I felt I'd be cheating myself if I didn't go with Chef. 😀

So, after reaching out to Chef and being added to his list, this is where I'm at currently -

Helmet / Armour: Chef's Creations
Soft Parts (inc. boots): Chef's Creations (already have a balaclava from my TIE Pilot, however)
Blaster: Chef's Creations

Gloves: Chef doesn't supply these - I was originally going to go with Wampawear, but they're out of stock at present, so I may go with KeepTrooping while they're open for the January wave. 

I hope I'm right in thinking the above won't cause me any problems - I think it's mostly a case of buckling up while I'm waiting for Chef to work his magic...

I did have one question, however - I see the neck seal is an optional item, but the CRL specifies fabric only - is Darman still the way to go for this if I do decide to get one? 

Welcome mate and great choice with chef.  My scout commission was started on Thursday so cant wait.  It'll be worth the wait mate

On 1/9/2024 at 1:33 AM, Retrofire said:

Chef has good stuff and fantastic customer service. It takes awhile but he always follows through.

Yeah , my measurements went in during may and my build was started last Thursday so it's been a while lol