Parachute Buckle Threading

Hello There Fellow Biker Scouts!
I wanted to discuss Parachute Buckles and the accepted threading of them. I know that these should be configured so they are not functional. The parachute buckle I have is...

Parachute-Buckle.jpg?rlkey=bcu56yjr68wce

And when looking at the CRL it seems as though the female portion of the buckle is on top and the male portion of the buckle is on the bottom. When you look at the CRL and focus on this particular buckle (Which I've circled in RED)....
ROTJ-Scout-Trooper-501st-CRL-Parachute-B

I can flip the male portion of the buckle which give it a little bit of a different look. And wondered what you guys thought may be the better of the options....?
Option-1.jpg?rlkey=rhh2rr2yv97v686kr5xfl

....or....

Option-2.jpg?rlkey=aq1s1x0rzqf0gat15a9r3

(I'm kinda leaning toward option 2)
Or am I thinking about this way too hard and I should just be like Maverick from Top Gun.....
Dont-Think.jpg?rlkey=6sqcoj3upwb7np3w47i

😅

Thanks guys for any input on this.
👍

-Iron

18 minutes ago, irongladiator said:

Or am I thinking about this way too hard and I should just be like Maverick from Top Gun.....

Yup!

In the film they went either way:

ROTJ%20Larry%20Holt%20pic.jpg

Prepro%20Scout.jpg

Please check our store of reference images at the Scoutopedia

There are also a ton of useful tips and tricks to be found in our Armor Party video:

• Like 2

@BikerScout007
Thanks for the reply! I see that the Pre-Pro Scout has them buckles with the male portion of the buckle on top. And while the CRL written text isn't specific about this, I have noted you mentioned it the video link from above. I believe your words were "The prongs would point toward the trooper".
😉 👍

....I keep forgetting about the Scoutopedia too. I'll be pouring over it, thanks again for that reminder!

Best,

-Iron

• Like 1

Yes we don't get super specific where the source material doesn't provide for it.  But I have my preference and that's what I mentioned in the video.  

This isn't BHG. You can relax a little here ;)

• Haha 1