Attaching boot holster inquiry

As I get closer to finishing my kit, I’m planning on getting the bits necessary to attatch the holster and all that. Does anyone have an in depth guide on what tools and bits will be needed as well as how to attach the holster. I’ve got crowprops boots for reference and I’m just finding it a bit hard to figure out how to attach the holster, with no experience in this kinda thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll need 1/8" diameter aluminum pop rivets, 1/8" aluminum backing plates, and a pop rivet gun.

Use the CRL to align the holster on your boot. Use a pencil to mark where the rivets go. Use a drill to dril 1/8" holes. Use a pencil to mark the hole placement on the boots, then you can use a pointed punch, or sharp exact blade to make a hole. Feed the rivet through the holster and boot leather. Place a backer plate on the inside, and then pop the rivet using the pop-rivet gun.

If you don't have a pop-rivet gun and don't anticipate using one again in the future, you may be able to borrow one from a garrison mate.

3 hours ago, ProbablyLoyalToTheEmpire said:

As I get closer to finishing my kit, I’m planning on getting the bits necessary to attatch the holster and all that. Does anyone have an in depth guide on what tools and bits will be needed as well as how to attach the holster. I’ve got crowprops boots for reference and I’m just finding it a bit hard to figure out how to attach the holster, with no experience in this kinda thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This covers the whole build, including the holster.  Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

This covers the whole build, including the holster.  Hope that helps!

Thanks. I’ve got all the tools and materials on order snd they’ll be here within a few days so I’ll get started on that soon. Still need to get an ec17 for it but if I remember correctly the crls have that as an extra that isn’t required for approval. So as a uk resident I’ll not rush that.

That's correct.  Weapons are almost always Optional Extras for approval because of the various gun laws from country to country (and even within countries).  I don't bother carrying mine most of the time.