Megtooth Sith's WIP for: Rogue One Shoretrooper Captain

megtooth sith

Hey all, I'm beginning my build for Shoretrooper Captain.  I have already printed, painted, and weathered a bucket.  Its a highly modified Sean Fields V helmet with curved visor!  I think it turned out great.

Bucket:  Modified Sean Fields V 

c4Zvhey.jpg

Armor:  Plan on 3D Printing Paul's files, I haven't got them yet, but that is on the agenda.

Hip Armor:  Making on my own from templates on this forum

Magazine Pouch/Oiler Pouch/Strap:  Already have it

OkRZExD.jpg

Boots:  I don't know, you all tell me.

Pants:  sew myself or buy?  Doesn't look complex to sew, since I can sew.

Shirt:  If I can find the material, sew myself, looks like exposed arms are the only place where material matters.

Gloves:  Endor finders?  I don't know here either.

Neck Seal:  Make myself

E22:  I'll print my own, and install it with Proffieboard

Voice:  Either my IComm or I'll use a MiCom for it.  I invented MiCom, which is now defunct because my "partner" viewed himself as my boss.  When I bowed out the company died....ah, you gotta love this stuff.

I'll update this post with current state of each of the items, but down through the thread will show how I came to make/acquire each item.

The first thing I made was my bucket.  i have my own 3D Printer, and I did a little research to find this model.  I realize that there are "more accurate" buckets out there, but I am happy with this one, unless you all tell me otherwise!  I'd like to meet basic approval, if I need to do something different down the road, I'm ok with that.  More photos of the bucket from different angles to see if there is any feedback.  it is painted with Montana Gold Sahara Beige, I think my photo box washed it out.  I'll try and take some better pics today.  

JDmQkLw.jpg

21XUINP.jpg

uHANkz7.jpg

c4Zvhey.jpg

LN9b4BV.jpg

wJN6ZoY.jpg

My Bandolier, I acquired this

ORDER DETAILS
QTY PRODUCT UNIT PRICE TOTAL
================================================================================
1 YUGO M56 LEATHER MAGAZINE POUCH, GREAT $22.95
FOR PPSH41 M49/57 (PLT-414)
Subtotal: $22.95
Shipping Charges: $12.99
==============================
Total: $35.94

Thank you for shopping at RTG Parts, LLC.

OkRZExD.jpg

This thing was squished and covered with mildew when it arrived, but, I was able to clean it up, and straighten it out a bit.  i'm gonna wet the leather, 3D print 4 mags, and insert the mags to finish making it new again.  After I get the pouches reconstituted, I'll saddle soap it.  My question about this one is:  is there a thread anywhere about removing the oiler?  It would be nice if it was on the other end of the strap.  I know I have to cut this thing to mount it on the armor, but they put the oiler between the mag pouches and buckle.  Also, how are y'all securing the oiler on the hip armor?  I don't want to lose this piece!  

Got my pattern put together and cut out for the hip armor.  Do the ends need to meet in the middle of the front?  Or do they terminate on the sides of the forward part of the hip?  If they are suppose to meet in the front middle, I'll have to modify the template, I'm a bigger guy....

p45x8c5.jpg

For me, they meet in the front.

Look at the original reference where the plates meet with the belt and adjust accordingly

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 6:50 PM, mgabriel74 said:

Hi @megtooth sith, where I can find that hip armor pattern??, that's the only part I have not been able to find online.

You can get it here.  There is an updated version further down the post.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 2:08 PM, megtooth sith said:

My Bandolier, I acquired this

ORDER DETAILS
QTY PRODUCT UNIT PRICE TOTAL
================================================================================
1 YUGO M56 LEATHER MAGAZINE POUCH, GREAT $22.95
FOR PPSH41 M49/57 (PLT-414)
Subtotal: $22.95
Shipping Charges: $12.99
==============================
Total: $35.94

Thank you for shopping at RTG Parts, LLC.

OkRZExD.jpg

This thing was squished and covered with mildew when it arrived, but, I was able to clean it up, and straighten it out a bit.  i'm gonna wet the leather, 3D print 4 mags, and insert the mags to finish making it new again.  After I get the pouches reconstituted, I'll saddle soap it.  My question about this one is:  is there a thread anywhere about removing the oiler?  It would be nice if it was on the other end of the strap.  I know I have to cut this thing to mount it on the armor, but they put the oiler between the mag pouches and buckle.  Also, how are y'all securing the oiler on the hip armor?  I don't want to lose this piece!  

@megtooth sith,

Great post.  I also bough mine from RTG Parts, but is SUPER dirty. Can you please let me know what product / process you used to clean it up?; Thanks in advance

Mine had a lot of mildew, and was flattened from being squished. I cleaned off mildew with clorox wipes. I then 3d printed magazines for it. Soaked the mag pouches in warm water, placed printed mags in pouches, and let air dry to get the shape of pouches back to normal.