Shoretrooper Squad Leader WIP

bingoBly

Hello everyone, i am a member of the 501st CTD (Vac form commander bly) i have a vac form scout trooper completed and ready for submission pictures. I want to dabble into the 3d printing scene for armor and i want to do a shore trooper squad leader, i am going to use Mr Pauls' armor files and nicos files for the helmet. 1 question i do have is how do people put on the ab piece on since its pla and it isnt that flexible like a vac kit? im going to start with the arms pieces first since those are simple to do.

• Like 2

I 3D printed my Torso piece and while it isn't as flexible as a vac kit piece, you still got plenty of space and flex to bend it open to get into it, especially since you have the layerlines going horizontal which gives it more strength when bending it as you put it on. 

If you can, I would highly recommend looking into getting an enclosure for your 3D printer and printing it with ABS. While it's a pain to wrangle it at first, once you got it figured out, you are rewarded with much better heat resistance and better post-processing (i.e. using acetone to smooth / weld) .

Just bought Mr pauls files. I'm going to start with the arm pieces first to get those out of the way! (should be done printing wednesday-thursday), I am going to do a detail simple guide to follow along!

• Like 1

SMALL UPDATE - 

I just ordered my boots from katherinepartis so thats done!

I am still printing the arms ( had a fail print bc of my user error) but i will still keep updates when its all done printing to start the priming and painting phase

• Like 1