Soft parts question

I received my super awesome soft goods from kriptontop the other day but not sure the proper placement for the cummerbund and cod piece. I have looked at videos and images but not sure the proper placement. Are there better videos I am missing from the 501st or anything on line? I know this might be a stupid noob question but I figure I ask any way. The cummerbund has sewn black Velcro on the back that needs to be sewn somewhere and  the cummerbund has black sewn Velcro on the far back side along the ribs. Not sure where those are suppose to be sewn to 

If you’re talking about where everything sits on you, start with the belt. The belt should sit just below your naval. The bottom of the cummerbund sits on top of the belt. For the cod, it depends on how it attaches. Some attach to the inside of the bund. Some attach to the flak vest. Some are stitched to the bund. The bottom of the cod should lay flat against the bottom of your crotch. The strap goes between your legs and generally attaches to flak vest. If the strap is too tight it will pull the cod between your legs creating the dreaded cod crunchies.

• Thanks 1

For the ROTJ scout, you’ll want Velcro sewn onto the flak vest, not the flight suit, as the former is worn over the latter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aradun said:

For the ROTJ scout, you’ll want Velcro sewn onto the flak vest, not the flight suit, as the former is worn over the latter.

Which Velcro, the one on the cummerbund or the cod piece? Cause what I have seen is the cod is Velcro onto the flight suit and not the Bund Or vest 

The following is from the post Chopper referenced above:

“In the film, the codpiece was sewn to the bottom of the vest. A lot of Scouts like to attach it to the back of the cummerbund or onto the flight suit. All of these are fine, but I do not advise sewing it to the bottom of the cummerbund. That's going to give you the wrong look unless you get all your proportions perfect, and even then, it will make it hard to move around.”

Where to secure the cod will vary between vendors and how they make them. I Velcro mine to the flak vest, but that’s what worked best for me because I made my soft parts.

For Kripton Tops, here’s a reference photo right from his Etsy shop that shows that the cod is attached to the bottom of the flak vest. If he’s still producing them this way, that may be your best bet.

e52c6faa894e1f0ac6690ed3fdd125ee.jpg

If you take a look at this post, it references best practices for keeping everything nice a tight while trooping. Things will inevitably shift and sag while moving about on a troop. This post suggests adding Velcro to the bund and securing it to Velcro on the flak vest so that it doesn’t slide down while trooping. The Velcro is placed at the top of the bund so that stitch lines aren’t visible because the top of the bund sits under the armor.

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/w18894-some-tips-for-keeping-your-scout-costume-together-while-trooping/

Do you need to add Velcro to the bund to secure it to the flak vest? No. But it really does help you to keep looking awesome during a troop .

• Like 1