MikeRadness' Shoretrooper Niamos Variant Conversion Build

MikeRadness

On 11/20/2023 at 5:21 AM, ScarifBeachBum said:

Agreed. I think you're right that the channel is Sahara Beige, but the side is painted. I had a hard time telling if you had the sides of the channel painted in that photo. I think the thing that threw me off was how wide the side channels are on that kit.

@ScarifBeachBumwhen you refer to "channel width" are you talking about here?

2023-11-21_8-55-04.jpg?rlkey=69ws090w6jw

Also, if you refer to my post in this thread from Nov 4th, I did highlight my stripe extending down the channel wall to emulate the on-screen reference best I could.

On 11/20/2023 at 10:08 AM, MikeRadness said:

I was Following the draft CRL which states “moderate weathering” just like all the other shore variant CRLs. Figured that would allow me to build a variant without having to build an entirely new kit. Which doesn’t seem like it sits well with you. I’m not exactly sure why you are taking up issue with my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if I came off that way, Mike. This is my first time helping research a CRL. Thanks for the work that you put in to make this happen!

On 11/20/2023 at 1:58 PM, BikerScout007 said:

Okay everyone, let's keep it focused and positive.  There are no egos in CRL creation.  We do whatever is best for the Detachment and the membership as a whole.  

This trooper has been on my slate since the beginning of this term and now we are almost at the end.  I want to get this done.  That's my goal.  Whoever gets to the finish line first is not my primary focus.  

Okay so here are my thoughts -- I think for basic, typical amount of Shoretrooper weathering is fine.  We do want to encourage current STs to be able to mix and match parts to add other CRLs to their roster.

But... it's also pretty clear from the screenshots that this trooper in particular doesn't look as rough as some of the grunts that he shares scenes with.  My guess is since they were using some new colors they had to completely repaint and reweather portions of the armors that have been around since "Rogue One".  This would be a Level 2 thing.

I've already expressed my concerns to Mike about the helmet being a bit heavy on the black wash, and he's going to address that.  We can take a look at the chocolate chips and see how much they need to be knocked back.  I can photoshop them out too

Good idea about the Level 2. That still will enable more people to do this if they have another variation they want to swap between.

• Like 1