Keep Trooping/Imperial Boot Cummerbund and Cod question.

Fox

Is these supposed to come unassembled? I didn't read anything that said assembly required. None of the Velcro is sewed on the cod's straps. I can sort of sew on a button. Maybe I can do this.

The cummerbund is another story. Pockets are not sewed on, either is the Velcro and the length is long enough it wrap around 2 people. Fixing this item is beyond me.

We are here to help. I actually learned how to sew with my scout. Sewing velcro is easy, you just sew a square or rectangle around the item your sewing. The length of the cummerbund is a different matter. I would go back to the maker and enquire about that. I can teach you how to make the bund if you like 

11 hours ago, Fox said:

Is these supposed to come unassembled? I didn't read anything that said assembly required. None of the Velcro is sewed on the cod's straps. I can sort of sew on a button. Maybe I can do this.

The cummerbund is another story. Pockets are not sewed on, either is the Velcro and the length is long enough it wrap around 2 people. Fixing this item is beyond me.

Most times the pouches are not sewn onto the bund. Many folks attach them with velcro, though some sew theirs on. From what you describe, it does sound like your bund will need to be tailored to your size.

Check with folks near you in your garrison. If there's someone near you with a sewing machine, or at an armor party, then they may be able to help. Your other option is to find a local alterations shop or dry cleaners that will do the additional sewing for you for a nominal fee.

Thing is they are sold in all the usual sizes Medium, Large etc. I've ordered from them before and being based in Asia their sizes run on the smaller side. Which is why I'm so surprised by the length of mine. They don't provide flight suits big enough for this thing. The listed sizes of the cummerbunds they make should match up to the sizes of the flight suits that they make.

I wish this was my only issue. They sent me items in the wrong size, items I didn't order and didn't include half of the items that I did order. My first order with them was 100% correct this one I'm wondering what is going on. I will ask my local garrison to direct me in the right direction of someone who can fix it. I don't have my armor yet, so I'll wait so it is tailored to match with it. I honestly thought any tailoring would be for minor adjustments.

Have you been in touch with the vendor to resolve it yet? I'd do that before making everything non-returnable once you do custom tailoring.

I've contacted them. It has only been 12 hours since I did and waiting for a response. My post here was trying to figure out if getting cummerbund like this from them is normal.

Update according to them their cummerbunds come in an unassembled state. Taking a look at it this morning I noticed that they didn't give me opposite pockets for the cummerbund. Instead, a right and left pockets I think I got two right pockets. Working on fixing the other issues such as missing and wrong sized items. I want you to know that what they make is good stuff but however was assembling my order really messed up. My previous order from several months ago was perfect.

Another question cummerbund does the back closure need to on the center of the back? I'm thinking of just wrapping the excess length under the other side.  So, instead the back closure being straight down the center of my back it would close off to the side of my back.

The back closure does not need to be dead centered on your back, but it should be generally centered. If it's too far off to one side or the other, then that would be an issue, yes.

• Like 1