Help with the right base color

Roadblock

Hey sorry im new and will start to build my kashyyk scout. Im from Germany

Can you tell me which is the correct base coat? The problem is that here in Europe we can't find the colors that are otherwise specified on the English pages

I found the edging permanent in khaki Matt

please help me  

6 hours ago, Roadblock said:

Hey sorry im new and will start to build my kashyyk scout. Im from Germany

Can you tell me which is the correct base coat? The problem is that here in Europe we can't find the colors that are otherwise specified on the English pages

I found the edging permanent in khaki Matt

please help me  

You just need a tan base coat.  The Krylon Khaki Tan base coat is a recommended color, but if you can't get that in Germany, just something close.  Obviously with a CGI character we will never know what the actual color used in the film was.  We just ask you come close.

@Jakeputt any suggestions?

Hey there Sascha, it's great to see another prospective Kashyyyk Trooper coming through. The color your looking for is really just a matte Kahki.

Then once that's on you spray the olive green and then the earth brown selectively. Each trooper has applied the camo in their own way. It's best to apply the colors individually all over your kit. IE start with the Kahki all over then place the green down and then the brown. 

I have found that you want to be careful not to go too much on either the green or the brown but be selective with each. Make small camo marks, medium then large. 

Leave enough room so that your kahki still shows through. Be very sparing with the brown. 

I've found that using sponge brush worked best for me.

If you do decide to use the sponge, spray the color onto the sponge and then dab it onto the armor. 

My process I went through personally is I started by priming all the pieces with primer. Then I made everything silver. Then I masked different areas I wanted to look like metallic scrapes on the armor and then I sprayed black for edging on the metallic scrapes. I masked the black edging then I went with the kahki. 

Good luck and if you need anymore help I'm always here for you.

• Thanks 2

RAL 1001 looks closer to what you're going for. You can always do washes to darken it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk