Grunt Belt Color

Weasel

Hey, I need some help figuring out what the right color for the belt is ... I know its tricky to show colors from a mobile photo without a palette next to it, but I got two photos that at least on my screens kinda match reality. One is under a warmer bulb and one under a more cool one. One seems almost too light, the other seems too dark. I guess I can weather down the lighter one? Anyway, maybe someone can help me pick the right one

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/tk7wwm92lqqhqprk10jtd/2023-09-06-02.47.08.jpg?rlkey=i2lnjo3mcei0so06hra4d0466&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0wazicedneaf4wtd1ssrj/2023-09-06-02.47.28.jpg?rlkey=80lk5i7kvuu9sb9powh8jp3u7&dl=0

Product pages: 
The lighter one https://www.sailrite.com/1-1-2-Tan-Lightweight-Nylon-Webbing
1-1-2-Tan-Lightweight-Nylon-Webbing_1.jp

The darker one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C2TQDVRZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&th=1
81tnpBGAGiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks!

Just now, Minimo said:

Oh no, I can't throw another color into the mix haha. I have bought both of these and I need to pick one now :D

• Like 1

Coyote Brown is the color that was used -- so that's the one you want to search for!

• Thanks 1

The ones you picked look very close.  I think you should be fine with them.  Having the exact color would be more of an L2 issue

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

The ones you picked look very close.  I think you should be fine with them.  Having the exact color would be more of an L2 issue

I'll be happy if I can get my kit approved, but I am building with L2 in mind, so I might as well use the correct color. Would be a shame to do all the work to mount the boxes properly, just to redo it. I had already sewn a belt with the dark color, so now I got the exact measurements to make quickly in the right color and I can mark the boxes placement with markers on the wrong colored belt.

I've seen lists for paint colors for the armor which is super helpful, but I hadn't seen one for most soft parts, mostly just locations to buy them from; chances are I missed this somewhere. 

7 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I'll be happy if I can get my kit approved, but I am building with L2 in mind, so I might as well use the correct color. Would be a shame to do all the work to mount the boxes properly, just to redo it. I had already sewn a belt with the dark color, so now I got the exact measurements to make quickly in the right color and I can mark the boxes placement with markers on the wrong colored belt.

I've seen lists for paint colors for the armor which is super helpful, but I hadn't seen one for most soft parts, mostly just locations to buy them from; chances are I missed this somewhere. 

We only listed exact colors and fabrics where we had the info (most of it came direct from the costume designer himself, so that helped!)   Just do your best to match the CRL photos and screen shots and you should be fine.  

I believe @KOtrooper did a lot of her own soft goods -- maybe she will have some recommendations there.  

• Like 1

I went with brown for my Captain build and got it approved to L2. With weathering techniques and lighting setups, we can't be too particular about the belt color tone for L2 and the other soft goods, for that matter.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

• Like 2