Need help with fabric for shirt

Weasel

Hey everyone, I am trying to find the right fabric for making the shirt, but I seem to have a hard time finding the right material. Does anyone have a link to a fabric that is ribbed wide enough? I keep finding nice materials but their ribbing is fairly small and I'm worried it would become a problem for approval. Any help in finding the right materials would be greatly appreciated! 

Also the mesh under the arm pits, does it have to be white or would a black or Dark Grey work too? 

• Like 1

Heyo! You are looking for a dark grey cotton fabric with 3-5mm ribs. I am not sure anyone has found a premade fabric, most make their own ribs. 

As far as the armpit mesh i would say it’s a light grey which is subsequently weathered. 

Here are some screen used pics.

eba6179441c2fa61c4e10c812d12e5ff.jpg
dfaa08df11ccbc4bf3f91558da3486c9.jpg
a4622ec3c8fbe6047658397ec53ecbbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hm yes, I had a feeling I had to DIY the fabric. Does anyone have an idea what the best process would be to create the ribbing? Just sewing over fabric wouldn't seem to yield the correct results. Adding thin foam in between fabrics? Any guidance would be really appreciated 

Sewing foam should work and is, I believe, the method KOtrooper used for theirs.

Another option, the way I did mine, is to sandwich some batting material between two layers of fabric and then use a twin needle to stitch the ribs in.

• Like 1

I've noticed that Keep Trooping has a notice on their page that their next wave is Sep 08th and while I feel very confident, I can pull off the pants (and already have the Duck Canvas and Muslin), I will try to get the top and bib through them and fall back to the batting between / foam between layers. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...