IRoS' - Shoretrooper SL - 3D WIP (SF files)

IRoS

Hey all!!

TK-99901 reporting to the PathFinders Detachment 😃

In finally decided to publish my WIP of my Shoretrooper SL, I am using Sean Field's files, I know they are not the most accurate out there and that I will need to do some mods specially on the back part 😅

I'm still somewhat new to 3d printing, my first print was the E-22 Blaster.. after learning the printing process, filling, sanding and painting I decided to start printing the armor, I do have some experience building armor, I got a Stormtrooper Commander in Centurion level so I am kind of used to getting my hands dirty in the build. I'll be using this thread not only to show my work in Progress but also as my to-do list. 

I live in Colombia and the colors have been a pain to get right, however I managed to get a couple of Sahara beige cans without TSA and airport staff noticing, hopefully I'll have enough for the whole armor 🤞

Shoretrooper hard parts: 

• Helmet  - 850 armor work (first piece I got, way before buying a 3d printer, maybe will replace with Nico's 3d file in the future)
  • Abdomen  - Printed & painted (needs paint fix)
  • Shoulder bells  - Printed & painted
  • Biceps  - Printed & painted (needs yellow detail)
  • Forearms  - Printed & painted
  • Hand plates  - Printed & painted (used the Thingiverse files with the slot in front)
  • Kidney  - Printed & painted
  • Belt boxes  - Printed & painted (still unsure sure which center buckle is correct 😔)
  • Rear belt plate  - Printed & painted
  • Greaves - Printed & painted
  • Chest plate  - Printed & painted (Still need the rubor connectors)
  • Back plate ☠️ - Printing

Shoretrooper soft parts: 

• Gloves  - Endor finders
  • Boots - Custom made
  • Neckseal  - Will try to do it myself
  • Shirt  - Will try to do it myself (got the fabric, will need a long sleeve template to sew, still unsure sure which shirt is approvable right now)
  • Belt  - Made
  • Kama ☠️ - Will try to follow Larcwide's guide 
  • Trousers ☠️ - Will try to follow Larcwide's guide 

I will start with this post and later start adding pictures of the parts I already got and the ones I am working on. I would extremely appreciate comments, recommendations and tips from you guys!! thanks so much in advace 😄

• Like 1

Hi IRoS! Welcome to the forums.

If you need any help with the patterns, just give me a shout! Would be great to get feedback if anything needs changing to help others.

For the belt buckle, I’m not familiar with Sean’s files, but if you haven’t already you can check out the post here that has pictures of the different belts:

• Like 1

Thanks so much Larcwide! I already printed most of the boxes but still haven't done the belt Assembly with the fabric, thanks for the post will definitely check it out!!

Ill start with helmet pictures! As stated above this was my first part of the armor, its a 850 armor works helmet, still needs a visor, not sure if I overdid the weathering 😅

HELMET

image.jpeg.f1244f0416ff4e63cfeee9666276c335.jpg

ABDOMEN

I made a mistake and glued the side parts upside down, so I had to remove them and re-glue them the correct way, now I need to re paint the parts where they connect 

AB.jpg.986ecf7478acc372741a26d2428589f4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Handplates, dropboxes (still need weathering) and chest piece

I've seen that Sean Field's center buckle needs some changes I've found an updated STL but I still have a question...the CRL has a completely different center piece, are both Versions appovable?  

For the chest piece i saw somewhere that the SF files need a bit of modding, mainly widen the center and side lines/gaps, is this mod mandatory fo basic approval, does anyone have the correct size? any info would be great thanks 

image.thumb.jpeg.427f540176669db59002d302da75714d.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.427f540176669db59002d302da75714d.jpg.e510821f79ff126f298104b96b01573a.jpg

Hey!! soooo... huge update since my last post! Kit mostly finished.

Had a convention event and CO let me troop with my unfinished kit, still had quite a few missing pieces:

• Right grieve was missing the ski strapmissing shirt
  • Left grieve was missing 2 Square pieces on the front
  • Kama
  • Neckseal
  • Shirt
  • Back plate was unfinished 😰

I did use my stormtrooper soft parts, and repainted helmet with Montana Gold so it looks more on par with the rest of the armor. Overall the trooping went well, need some adjustments with strapping. 

How do you guys keep the grieve straps on place? I had glued them with e6000 and mostly worked but on the third day of the convention one of the straps just came off (I guess from using it 3 days in a row could have worn out the glue 😅)

Right now I finished most of the missing parts, still working on the backplate, Neckseal and Shirt are done and working on the Kama right now.

Looking at the pics, the foam pieces on the chest seem to be a bit big so i might do some trimming, what do you guys Think? also do you see any additional adjustments I should do before submitting for basic approval? Right now out of Town will take more pies of the kit when im done with the back. 

:D thanks and have a great start of this holiday season 🎄🎄

xuLP747.jpg

YBuDhSn.png

2V2jeL6.png

K4r9kR1.png

• 2 weeks later...

My straps are attached to the greaves with Velcro. Superglue will permanently bond the velcro to the silicone. it's not a perfect solution but it seemed to hold. I think a part giving out after trooping for 3 days straight is a good track record. your could also try double sided tape to hold it down. 

And don't forget to weather your boots! They still look so clean :D

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2023 at 3:47 AM, Weasel said:

My straps are attached to the greaves with Velcro. Superglue will permanently bond the velcro to the silicone. it's not a perfect solution but it seemed to hold. I think a part giving out after trooping for 3 days straight is a good track record. your could also try double sided tape to hold it down. 

And don't forget to weather your boots! They still look so clean :D

Thanks so much for the velcro Tip! I Think ill go that way :D

• 1 month later...

Huge update!! 

Just got my shoretropper squad leader approved!!

Thanks so much for all the help 🥰!! 

bvwmigS.jpeg

• Like 1