3-D Printing ST Captain using Sean Field's Files

arobertson66

Has anyone has successfully printed Sean Field's File (downloaded them from Stoo's Shack)?

I have been printing for months and have a few more questions about the abdominal and chest parts as well as how to weather your armour.

Watched the Shoretrooper Captain! Video on Facebook and followed the advice to join Pathfinders. 

Thanks

Ashley TK21864

• 1 month later...

Ashley, 

I hope this message finds you doing well. My kit is an approved Sean Fields and if you still need someone to talk with about needed conversions/assembly, I'd be happy to help 

Cheers

Chris

Thank you so much for the reply!  I've sanded/filled/coat in filler primer most parts. Still and forearm and belt to do.  I have a feeling it's not smooth enough yet.

Been sidelined on building with my hand in a cast for a month - will come off on Nov 2.

How do you "mount/wear" your chest/ab section?

How did you paint the weathering?

Did you go officer? If so what material did you use for skirt and how did you attach that?

Thanks!

Ashley

Hi Ashley, if you go onto my build post, Rad has written a great weathering guide that can help give you an idea.

There are a few videos on the Shore Trooper mounting and weathering on YouTube as well to get some ideas, I don't have the links right now but I might assemble a separate posts for other troopers soon. I forgot the series but there are great weathering videos on YouTube around various Star Wars armor pieces. 

My suggestion for mounting is to look at Mike's video on how to wear the costume and then browse every Vanguard Deployment post and look how other troopers have solved it. 

There is no one right solution for all pieces, some things work better for you than others based on tools available and skill level.

I personally have used Velcro sewn onto Nylon straps and then glued onto the different pieces to hold the chest and backplate together, but it's a little wonky to explain without pictures :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, arobertson66 said:

Thank you so much for the reply!  I've sanded/filled/coat in filler primer most parts. Still and forearm and belt to do.  I have a feeling it's not smooth enough yet.

Been sidelined on building with my hand in a cast for a month - will come off on Nov 2.

How do you "mount/wear" your chest/ab section?

How did you paint the weathering?

Did you go officer? If so what material did you use for skirt and how did you attach that?

Thanks!

Ashley

Here are some videos from one of the Vanguards.

chest

Abb

Shin

Hip

Belt

https://youtu.be/ye02HIXPuw4?si=NVssxTG5nNEyVf3j

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

c43f3fa94075aaa5d7b5a3568edf8e4c.jpg
Hi Ashley,
Realised making the captain so edited
CRL states ‘ no visible print lines’ so smooth as bud