Riot Shield Build thread

Starting to put together the Riot Shield as seen in Jedi: Survivor, used by both regular and pauldron-wearing Scouts.  Files created by our own MrPoopie.

I am printing these files on my Anycubic Kobra Max, 400x400x450 build plate.  These files are intended to be printed out on larger sized machines.

The main shield looks to be a light gray, with dark gray top.  The inner grip is black, all satin or semi-gloss, with light weathering.  A white imperial cog is in the center of the front, exact size to be determined later, and a red transparent view plate.  The bottom 3 grill plated look to have dark gray recesses (same color as top) with the raised portions black.

L4O01hl.png

Side details just below the top portion of the shield, an inner groove on each side

bpwFNLO.png

The inner grip area looks to be all black

0JM3yX8.png

Now on to the print files.  Most will need to be oriented to your printing preferences, but all have come out very nice so far.

I'm just going straight down the list on the files for printing, no particular order, but it looks like the grip area on the back of the shield will be the first part finished.

There are top and bottom brackets in the files, only one pictured here, both are exact size

SVnDM32.jpg

I printed the handle with 20% infill for added rigidity.  One side of the "pole"  is shorter, I inserted the handle into that side

vtIWroi.jpguoldkRY.jpg

Details turned out nice, printed these with vertical orientation

GSManhD.jpg

3 grill files, all identical

HmBIfnM.jpg

I can get about 2 pieces printed each day, I will update once some degree of progress has been made on the pieces.

• Like 4

While I'm getting pieces printed out, I got a few more shots of the interior shield parts.  It looks like a textured sand spray paint could be used, then painted black and some weathering added.  I was also able to see more clearly the grip and brace pieces.

ILqhB9F.pngcnvU8Li.png

The "battle damaged" effect looks like it could be a possibility, but may be a bit difficult to achieve.  Probably best to just go with the standard for now, may try this out more with a second shield.

gDbIS86.png?1

• Like 2

I was going to spend a lot more time smoothing this out until I saw the textured appearance in the closeup shots so I'm hitting it with a textured spray paint, and will put black over this once the two sides are connected and solid.  I've used this technique before and I think it will look incredible and match the screen references.

nzWuXAi.jpg

• Like 2