TB-92111 (Fragarock) Lancer Request (APPROVED)

Hi Team!

Here is my Lancer request and related photos. A few years after finishing my ST build I started getting the itch for some new gear. Started off with a scout helmet for display but after seeing the remnant troopers in The Mandalorian I knew that was the next kit to build, particularly the beat-up and dirty look has interested me ever since my ST build. So I took my RS ROTJ helmet, stripped off the weathering and re-did it in the Mando style. Once I had the weathering down I knew I could do the rest of the kit. Thanks for the review.

Armor - RS Propmasters

Helmet-RS Propmasters

Holster - Studio Creations

Flight Suit - Wampa Wear

Gloves - Wampa Wear

Cummerbund - Kripton

Boots - Crow Props (with new dogbone)

Blaster 1 - Resin

Blaster 2 - 3D Printed (3D Props NL files)

Tote bag - Brodustrial Light & Magic

Helmet

FINAL_1_guqtTvHgsNK6ZjhatRm1ux.jpgFINAL_2_3eWG51vt4MFTiBgRGdeCZi.jpgFINAL_3_cPJdiwS3JmTqycSU4hWVZs.jpgFINAL_4_1uS6Bcpbn7CqSigafrZHfn.jpgFINAL_6_fWzFs52uii18hRVS3yVjuD.jpgFINAL_7_9T3FS7zzgr8g3x8zfdEWRR.jpg

Balaclava and neck seal.

Balaclava.jpg

Flight suit

FS1.JPGFS2.JPGfs4.JPGFS5.JPGFS8.JPGFS9.JPG

FS11.JPGFS12.JPGFS13.JPG

Shoulders

Shoulder_1_g7erLBTFaJ6PK6sNXcRHj6.JPGShoulder_2_eeZkBBPu5QFzTq6ubnrtBh.JPGShoulder_3.jpg

Biceps

Bicep_5.jpgBicep_6.jpg

Forearms

FA1_iqpERr7Sd9Dz2sNykBzrrb.jpgFA2.jpg

Gloves

Gloves1.jpg

Chest and back.

Chest_1.jpg

Chest_2.jpg

Chest_3.jpg

Chest_4.jpgChest_6.jpgChest_7.jpg

Cummerbund

CB1A.JPG

CB2A.jpg

CB3.jpgCB_7.jpg

CB_8.jpgCB_9.jpg

CB4.jpgCB5.jpg

Belt and drop boxes.

Belt_9_esS2UZdtzksXVLLnmbvUfY.jpgBelt_3_2tLXG3s6FnayCnw39t4Kdc.jpgBelt_4_c7MQLx1ZTatfxNAAkmvHvv.jpgBelt_6_t1dKnqs7du5m9vzZUSm9jr.jpgBelt_8_jk2Y3Sz4cAGanV1YocakAf.jpg

Thermal detonator.

TD_1_qfgeNqV9gppLbigGhE77w9.jpgTD_2_hF1MXUX11F893qP6MXY6GR.jpgTD_3_48VtAVifehNE3SzcUARo1h.jpg

Knees

Knee_1_idggXopEB4P6iudbajYAor.jpg

Knee_2.jpg

Boots

boots_10_rvsHef6G7vgXnLy4SF21Vd.jpgboots_17_x8qxWgVhFaKRtiLACuD6ds.jpgBoots_8.jpg

Boots_9.jpgBoots_5.jpgBoots_7.jpgboots_12_wBRRPTf2CHGUSkqFjphNZY.jpg

Holster

Holster_1.jpgHolster_4.jpgHolster_5.jpgHolster_6_bN6iL3JrhQrdcCY6nYHeCG.jpg

Blaster

Blaster_1_rDt8D4MDndxdHwa3aT9tPM.jpgBlaster_2_6CYoMGXukzg9bhoERyg4fV.jpgBlaster_3_hK26GC6aME9vSTFfaRbzU1.jpg

Tote bag

Bag_1.jpgBag_3.jpg

Bag_4.jpg

Kit Photos

Final_Front.jpgFinal_Front.jpg

Final_Left_nyBHs2hhXrV1aYbKkd1z5f.jpgFinal_Left_Arms.jpg

Final_Rear_et6DJjQoNj6q2GuGZJMdmc.jpgFinal_Rear_Arms.jpg

Final_Right_h7AuQh97ocRBUwLHpVbhAa.jpgFinal_Right_Arms.jpg

Final_Front_6.jpgFinal_Front_4.jpgFront_5_New_3EhkbgtLSbe6qsEHfNHhyM.jpgFront_6_New_emtT2kjvKJqJR4XTkFtdy4.jpgFront_New_8q69KkjDjeyhe54sCwLvDL.jpg

• Like 1

Your application has been received. The review team will get back to your with our notes in the next few days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your patience as we completed your review. Our notes are below:

Weathering: The weathering technique you used is excellent, but the shade is more brown/gray than the reddish tinge used on the screen costumes. Unfortunately, this means it will need to be adjusted to more closely match the screen sources.

AD52A408-F5A0-4732-B4CA-354DC51D7274_zps

xg05Yph.png

Helmet: Please provide a measurement for the rotator bolt.

Boots: The CRL says that "Dogbone length is such that it overlaps onto the sole of the boot on both sides." And while this is the case on the inner side of your boots, the overlap needs to be on both sides of the boot. You will need to craft a new dogbone so that it overlaps the sole of the boot on both sides.

Holster_1.jpg

Final_Right_h7AuQh97ocRBUwLHpVbhAa.jpg

That's all we have. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chopper,

Here's the bolt diameter. 22mm.

bolt_22mm.jpg

I think one of my older photos snuck in there. I fixed the dog bones after the initial GML review. Here's how they look now, they extend down to the sole on both sides.

boot_1.jpg

boot_2.jpg

Regarding the weathering color. I know you're referencing that photos of that one screen used kit which appears "redish". I argue that color is not visible at all in the series episodes. After color correction the armor appears to be a mixture of brown, sand, and gray with some black markings. Those screen shots are what my colors are based on. Hans ESB Hoth coat appeared blue in the film when it was actually brown but I don't think anybody would insist on a brown replica coat. Maybe the CRL should be updated to specifically say that the weathering should not only match the "technical look" but also be "redish brown" in color.

I can add some more brown tones atop the existing weathering if that would suffice but I'm not going to completely re-weather this. How about I update one piece and send photos to see if it's along the lines of what you're requesting?

Thanks

FINAL_9_edqJbuiLBDRAMn2oTr9V7y.jpg

Frank, thank you for the detail photos of the boot and the rotator bolt. Those looks fine.

As for the weathering, the entire review team has discussed the points you raised and while we hear your argument, our consensus is that you will need to add some reddish-brown tones to the weathering -- either some burnt sienna or a similar shade.

If you want, you can give it a try on a smaller piece and we'll take a look.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I did a test to add more of a reddish tone into the weathering on the left piece. I left the original "sand" color weathering but applied a new color of weathering spray then distressed it a bit. Does this seem in line with you're color expectations? Thanks! 

20230628_190359.jpg

20230628_190407.jpg

Frank, that red looks much better. You can go ahead and proceed with weathering the rest of your kit using the same technique.

• Like 1

Frank, that red looks much better. You can go ahead and proceed with weathering the rest of your kit using the same technique.
Cool. Thanks for the super fast review.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Good Evening,

Here are the updated photos of the hard armor which I painted to have more of a reddish tone. This was done using a different "brown rust" color spray from the same company which produces the movie dirt spray. Seemed to work well to give it that warmer tone. I can re-suit up and provide overall shots if needed. Figured I'd get these updated close up shots out of the way first.

Paint.jpg

_Helmet_Color_Fix.jpg

_Chest_Color_Fix.jpg

_Back_Color_Fix.jpg

_Shoulder_Color_Fix.jpg

_Bicep_Color_Fix.jpg

_Forearm_Color_Fix.jpg

_CB_Color_Fix.jpg

_TD_Color_Fix.jpg

_Knee_Color_Fix.jpg

Well done!

• Like 1