Belia's BF2 Officer Build

Belia Darzu

Hello all! I don't usually make WIPs, but I am very close to finishing. This is my first kit build. Lots of trial error and near walking away.   I worked on the hard parts in the fall waiting on my soft parts to come in.  My soft parts just came in last week, so theoretically I am on strapping and should be done. A fellow pathfinder helped me put everything on last weekend.

Because I am 5'2 and have a shorter torso, to get the AB plate to sit properly, the whole costume has to ride pretty low.  I believe the kit is Imperial Surplus and a small. I bought it off a fellow Garrison member who is also the same height.  

If I submitted it riding low, would that be acceptable? Can I trim the top of the ab plate before submitting for approval, is that even allowed? My friend suggested I reprint the middle greeblies to be smaller so I can sit the plates proper. Any suggestions would be welcome! 

PS: Apologies for my terrible facial expressions. 

781129980_InkedIMG_7546(1).jpg.5397d63d7aed90ccf9be1c0a1b0f06de.jpgIMG_7544.JPG.6cb93ee5b9fc94fc4e4b47733f15ff92.JPGIMG_7545.JPG.ff2c9b82a712e35051f2840354644d51.JPG

The picture attached below shows the chest plate sitting properly, but it does cover 1/3 of that greeblie. 

IMG_7542.JPG.115eaab4155be7c4e2336ccae448bc01.JPG

Melody @KOtrooper, Mickey @BikerScout007 can you help this trooper with the questions about the ab plate?

That greeblie should be covered.  In fact even more.  Just like with most Star Wars troopers, you need to make sure things sit on your waist, not on your hips like modern pants are cut today.  Pull up the ab so that when you wear your belt, it sits closer to your belly button than your hip bones

Look at this:

Captain.png

The Shoretrooper Captain, which is the closest live-action character to the officer, has his ab plate worn up high as well as his belt.  That greeblie is almost completely covered.  

I demonstrate in this video how high the ab plate should be worn:

Yeah, I agree that you can pull the ab plate up a bit. You shouldn't need to cut anything unless it's biting into you and, even then, I might wait until I got approved. You're not going to have great torso mobility in the Shore though.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Is there also a strapping guide? There was someone in our garrison who can put their's on by themselves.

I am so close. I have everything to get this over the finish line. 

1 hour ago, Belia Darzu said:

Is there also a strapping guide? There was someone in our garrison who can put their's on by themselves.

I am so close. I have everything to get this over the finish line. 

I put mine on by myself in my video.  Did you check it out yet?

22 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

I put mine on by myself in my video.  Did you check it out yet?

I just watched it! I will try to get all the snaps and straps in place. My straps are all the harder plastic, hopefully I will have the flexibility to get the chest plate on. I'll give it go! Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed when you are putting on the armor @BikerScout007, the magnets are right at the edge of that indentation. If I am smaller than the width of the back panel, should the magnets be on the armor itself? Is that appropriate? 

I noticed when you are putting on the armor [mention=78054]BikerScout007[/mention], the magnets are right at the edge of that indentation. If I am smaller than the width of the back panel, should the magnets be on the armor itself? Is that appropriate? 
As long as they cant be seen once you are suited up, put them where it works best

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I just wanted to say, thanks for all the help! I was approved :)

I do have a quick question about shoulder straps. Who would be an approved vendor for the flexible rubber ones? I am find the stiff ones cut my neck off. 

20 minutes ago, Belia Darzu said:

I just wanted to say, thanks for all the help! I was approved :)

I do have a quick question about shoulder straps. Who would be an approved vendor for the flexible rubber ones? I am find the stiff ones cut my neck off. 

@Minimo, @KOtrooper, or @BikerScout007 can you help this trooper with her question on the shoulder straps?

• Like 1

You can buy some nice ones from Mr. Paul.

I made my own with some styrene and foam rectangles. Hit it with a few coats of plastidip and paint and it looked fine.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got mine from Mr Paul. You can try other vendors such as Imperial Surplus or Jim Tripon, see if they are willing to sell them to you? I also know of peeps that have had success printing them.

• Thanks 1