ISO DLT, ready-made

SYD72

is there anyone out there interested in making some cash and building a rifle for me?

I have no 3-D printer, no requisite skills, and I would much rather pay someone who's experienced to do it right than spend fruitless hours mucking it up myself.

I'd also appreciate advice on which might be the better model for a 5'1" person to carry without looking ridiculous. 🙂

I like the look of a DLT-20a.....

You don’t want to resize the DLT19X or DLT20A, because it will be very noticeable, especially if someone else is trooping with one. It’ll look as though you have a toy version. It may not even pass muster with your GML when you seek to have it approved.

The one thing that is really impressive about these weapons is their size. The 19 and 19X are 48” in length. The 20A is 47”. You won’t look ridiculous, you’ll look like one mean trooper. Keep in mind too that the originals were close to 70 lbs in weight, so to see you toting one effortlessly around will be impressive…most impressive.

As for printing one and finishing one, check with your local garrison. You’ll probably have a few members willing to print it for you at a nominal cost, and there are probably some members who could assemble and finish the piece for you too.

If you’re looking for files for the 20A I have heard good things about April Storms version on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/652211213/blastech-dlt-20a-laser-rifle-blaster

If you’re into the 19 or 19X check out this version here:

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/star-wars-dlt-19x-blaster-mg-34