Kashy's Shore Trooper Squad Leader Build Thread

indykash

Hello everyone! Some of you may be familiar with my Kashyyyk Trooper build that I got approved a few years ago. Late last year I decided to try my hand at making a shore trooper. I think i'm on the right track. I've been tweaking and modifying it every chance I get. Here are my progress photos so far. 

I acquired the bucket from a vendor on Instagram who did a great job weathering it. The armor itself is from Imperial Surplus.

NdVQaLN.jpg

Due to not being the standard shore trooper size I've had to make several modifications to get the chest and kidney plate to fit around me.

u1ISkVd.jpg

3KKLZkZ.jpg

Had to modify the back plate for the belt assembly.

fazHop1.jpg

This is where I am currently at with the armor.

kRVa5Rb.jpg

KDUUFlt.jpg

GiqpyLV.jpg

Things I want to fix/address. Suggestions and recommendations are appreciated :)

1: Dying the brown belt black for Shore Trooper Squad Leader. I currently do have a black belt on the way in the event dying the brown belt does not work.

2: Experiencing armor bites. OUCH! I have trimmed the insides of the biceps and the gauntlets. I'm thinking that I may need to trim a little more for optimal arm movement to bend the elbows and salute like we see in The Mandalorian Season 2's episode The Believer.

3: I'm thinking of finding some substitute material for the lower back of the kidney plate. I had to modify the original and splice it together with extra material in order to cover the gap, unfortunately by doing so I am having some difficulties getting the chest armor to fit over the kidney plate in the back. One of my garrison members used Sintra in lieu of the original trauma plate for the lower back.

iDZB054.jpg

i52T2Ve.jpg

I am currently in need of a Kama, which is hard to find for a decent price without a long wait time for crafting. I also need the squad leader belt buckle. I 3-D printed a buckle but I'm not satisfied with it. Any and all tips, tricks, and leads on where to find pieces would be very much appreciated :)

Some people have used fabric in the back (I've seen it with a zipper) which gets covered by the back plate. That might provide more comfort.

I know when I shimmed out my ab armor, it was trickier to get the front/back armor to fit properly. Extending the shoulder straps actually worked best for me. Having it looser and hanging a little lower was ideal.

Don't forget to paint the diagonal black stripe on your kidney armor. I didn't notice it in the photos.

For the armor bites, try foam wedges before you cut too much. That might help as well.

If you have any hesitation on cuts, post pics here before you proceed. We will help you out!!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Small update from last night. I've really been chipping away at this! Just a few things to add and to tweak.

O9Ryd5L.jpg

eDNoQkD.jpg

bLK5W8f.jpg

JDK7JeC.jpg

EAKdcvO.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been a little busy bee this past few weeks. Here's the most recent updates.

Found some Sintra to use for the lower back covering. I think it turned out quite nice.

8t3rQUz.jpg

qdjJ0Cp.jpg

tkFVDEy.jpg

Z161VL8.jpg

Did A LOT of weathering!

bBTveL1.jpg

RMCTmF2.jpg

SoQvLUq.jpg

iTdjvTi.jpg

fnpcwEt.jpg

m1umRO2.jpg

HNanjMW.jpg

OFyfJiB.jpg

aYaKNdg.jpg

qTO9YDR.jpg

NDwb25B.jpg

rX9RLZo.jpg

Just waiting on the Kama to arrive from Dark Closet. Any advice on weathering the boots and Kama?

You'll want to hit your pants, gloves, kama, and boots with a combo of baby powder, watered down paints, shoe polish, dirt, sand, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...