Gree gets around. Biker Scout WIP (WTF and 3d print)

Gree23

Hey all! Ok so I am currently working on a Shoretrooper build but got such a strange itch for the biker scout, but thats because I used to have a Swamp Trooper, and sold it a while back. Now that I have gotten to where I want that Trooper back, I decided that I would go at a 2 for 1. Being that a few things are used for the Biker and Swamp Trooper, I decided to work both at the same time. It will be easier to do both at the same time and I have been sitting on a WTF kit for some time. The helmet is trash so I will be 3d printing both from CTPG (Chris the Prop Guy) and will need to print the back/tank piece as I royally messed up the tank part of the WTF kit, but thats ok. Studio Creations was my go to for my first scout and it was a perfect kit. For reference, I am a bigger guy at 6'1" and around 215. That kit fit me really well. But now I have been 3d printing for several years and love the savings. I find the sanding and prep work to be fun and therapeutic, so thats not the issue. I am planning on doing my own soft goods as this group has such an awesome pull of others that have done it and documented their process for us. I really hope this goes well as I am still very new at sewing, though I bought my sewing machine back in 2019 when i built my first Swamp trooper, to do the boots. 

I do have a question for those that printed, any thing to watch for? any tips are greatly appreciated. Also, I want to print both the Holdout and the DLT 19 (the DLT is for the Swamp trooper) and if you know of good files, preferably on the free 99 side of things, lol, I would appreciate a point in the right direction. 

Thanks yall! 

Kit: WTF (everything but the back and tank)

Helmet: CTPG 

Softgoods: made in house, flightsuit is a redkap

Boots: Made in house

Pictures of everything will be posted as it comes in.

While not free.99 ..4.37 isn't that bad ;)

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/star-wars-dlt-19x-blaster-mg-34

Get in touch with Poopie, he may have you covered on the Holdout.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DukeOfNachos said:

While not free.99 ..4.37 isn't that bad ;)

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/star-wars-dlt-19x-blaster-mg-34

Get in touch with Poopie, he may have you covered on the Holdout.

Lol, no, $5 aint bad at all haha. Ill reach out to him! thanks!

• Like 1

Just don't do your holdout in resin ;). I was at my first troop that I carried a Holdout on and when I went to dekit I put my right leg up (blaster still in holster) and the 1' it dropped caused it to explode :P I guess I'll need to carry my nice rubber EC-17 from now on.

1 minute ago, DukeOfNachos said:

Just don't do your holdout in resin ;). I was at my first troop that I carried a Holdout on and when I went to dekit I put my right leg up (blaster still in holster) and the 1' it dropped caused it to explode :P I guess I'll need to carry my nice rubber EC-17 from now on.

Planning on 3d printing. but yeah I almost did the same on my first swamp trooper troop lol. 

Therapy you say? Give me your address and I’ll shoot you a whole bunch of 3D prints sitting on my work bench waiting for processing. Just kidding lol!

Seriously though, The Duke gave you the same info I would have given you. Good recommendations there!

As for sewing, I was a novice when I started my journey to become a scout. You’ll be fine, especially with the detailed resources available here. Hit us up with any questions you may have. We’re happy to help.

Kudos on your ambition too! Shore, Scout, and Swamp! Huzzah!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aradun said:

Therapy you say? Give me your address and I’ll shoot you a whole bunch of 3D prints sitting on my work bench waiting for processing. Just kidding lol!

Seriously though, The Duke gave you the same info I would have given you. Good recommendations there!

As for sewing, I was a novice when I started my journey to become a scout. You’ll be fine, especially with the detailed resources available here. Hit us up with any questions you may have. We’re happy to help.

Kudos on your ambition too! Shore, Scout, and Swamp! Huzzah!

Lol, Hey we all deal with our own prints lol jkjk. And yeah I have been scared of alot of the projects I take on and its always forcing myself to just start, and it turns out fine. But yeah I am looking forward to this and the entire reason I bought a sewing machine was to safe myself money, but its costing me anxiety lol. But yes there is a TON of info here and love that its all so detailed. Its funny to watch how to videos that only show the start and finish but not the exact process lol. Hoping to eventually tackle a Kashyyyk Trooper and would want to do my own soft goods. Really appreciate all the help and encouragement so from from this group. Glad there is still a ton of active members here

• Like 1

Worked on the Boots this weekend. Suede just came in today so will be working on the flightsuit this weekend. really freaking out over the riding patches lol. But I think its gonna be one of those things i just need to start and it will turn out ok. 

nInXlkh.jpg6XKUIdJ.jpgL2Tc85M.jpg4t31612.jpgeObBOpp.jpg9IenOUz.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok yall....making some changes here. 3d printing everything but the helmet. just waiting for the chest to finish. Going to start working on the flight suit tonight and am scared to death of the suede lol. I know I am seriously overthinking it and have some TBs on the GML team that are gonna help me out. But that is my biggest hurdle right now. I also ordered 3 helmets from Studio Creations (super awesome guys! even talked me out of making a purchase from them for a back piece that might not work with a printed chest, so that speaks volumes to me about how much the care) so will be waiting for those to come in. I think this will give me plenty of time to get my scouts ready for the con in Oct which is where I hope to have all 3. Will post pics of my 3d printed parts when I get home.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Ok yall. Thoughts? I was able to get this done last night. Big thanks to everyone that had something to say, and big thank you to @Aradunwho's pattern I based mine off of and showing me "hey dummy draw what you want on the suit then transfer it over" in his thread. I did mess up but its an easy fix when I forgot to put the leg straps on. So for this process, I had seam ripped the outside of the leg as that was the "simple seam" and I will also be tapering it. The inside seam was a double stitched with an overlock so didnt wanna cut that loose. The other big difference is that the four patches are sewn together, then sewn to the suit. There are two support stitches in the crouch to keep the patch from falling away from the suit. Hope you all approve. Oh and also got the mud flap on. I feel like it may be a little short, but looking at it here, I feel like it matches reference pics. Again any input is appreciated. I will be sewing up the outside of the legs and tapering the arms today for the fitted look. 

pWad6sg.jpg2X0tift.jpg

• Like 1

The suede patches look fine, though it will depend on how it looks with you wearing it. Are you planning on adding the thigh straps later?

Just now, Chopper said:

The suede patches look fine, though it will depend on how it looks with you wearing it. Are you planning on adding the thigh straps later?

The thigh straps will be added today when I sew the side seams closed. Just gotta figure out exactly where to put them and then will pop the stitch in that area and slide them in.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I havent added the strap to the thighs yet lol. I havent even closed up the flightsuit. I have been putting it off and IDK why. But good news is, I got my chest, back, and belt parts in from SC. I didnt like the stress that was being put on the parts for 3d print and so ordered from SC. Will hopefully paint them this week, and will have all 3 scouts done by the end of September. 

FhuXi8q.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Lol, love how things go sometimes. Well, it's done. Submitted today for approval. Let me know if you see anything that stands out for basic approval. May go lancer later on but not sure. Thanks all and can't wait to be officially a tree hugger. 

WTlOpbC.jpggxqZrTI.jpgLY3fQcM.jpgRTHy8Qj.jpgvEgb8P9.jpgWROLjM8.jpg

• Like 1

You look good brother! I don’t see anything that would pose an issue for basic clearance.

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...