30569's Niamos Shoretrooper Build

ScarifBeachBum

Wow some awesome working locking this down and moving forward, some great research for sure....

Definitely feels like  Polar Blue is a winner here, those full sun photos look spot on. 

What's the bet as soon as we lock in on a colour the "Art of Andor" or the "Ultimate Visual Guide" comes out and shoots down all the good work done here... 

I am keen to work on this variant for sure!

• Like 1

The good thing about the Montana paints is that they seem to have better international availability than many other brands.  So it's a good option to have.  

But of course as we get more info we correct and carry on.  Anyone already approved will be grandfathered in so no worries there!

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you've already noted this, but the Niamos Squad Leader does not have the shotgun shells or the oiler pouch on its hip plates (I know that you do not list those on the draft CRL, so I realize that you have noticed it.) I guess that's one of the reasons why it can be pulled up higher since those are not present on it. I just opened up my Black Series figure as well to check the back and neither of those are on it as well.

e0682477673554df860d7de581feac5c.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed!  How is your build coming along?

Everything has been sanded multiple times, most pieces have been filled and primed, but still need another sanding then undercoat paint and then the Sahara Beige. Some pieces have been fully painted, though, as you can see with my test using Polar Blue. I bought the files to 3D print the pistol and I'm buying Nico's helmet files to print that as well. I already have the Orca Bay boots and all the soft parts. I've ordered the holster from Dark Side Closet. It should all be coming together fairly quickly.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have put your posts into their own thread.  That way you'll have one complete WIP post on the forum once this is done.  Carry on!

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2023 at 7:51 PM, BikerScout007 said:

I have put your posts into their own thread.  That way you'll have one complete WIP post on the forum once this is done.  Carry on!

Thanks! Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been traveling for work and family matters the last few weeks but I'm back in the game. Printing Nico's helmet this weekend. Then I'm starting printing the pistol. Everything else is printed and most of it is sanded and primed. I'll be providing more updates soon.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest update. Sanding, priming, painting, printing, etc. Coming along slowly but surely. I still need to print the pistol (already bought the files). Other than that, everything is printed and in the process of being finished.

6a888f59cb1140035140072bb6a00d4b.jpg

241bf107b2d6cde6551e2e3b9eb82e98.jpg

3dfd88aedce8759d3a6cbb71ebe0899a.jpg

04d950ffc05d2164f8e4d5e53362ac58.jpg

c858bf2f3df0bc163ed2e85c1b08b24e.jpg

4279e3955edb386b1bce560aadf6d11f.jpg

(Belt boxes on the belt are being replaced with upgraded ones.)

Looking good!  That blue color looks great.

Slowly but surely it is coming together. I need to finish painting the left shoulder bell (I screwed up and painted the whole thing Sahara Beige) and touch up some paint on one of the forearms. I need to paint the undercoat on the belt boxes (not shown), thermal detonators, and the kidney plates. Then I have to prime and fill the helmet, backplate, and rear belt cover. I just need to print the pistol. All soft parts are ready to go.

Only question I have is on weathering. The photos look like there is some but not a lot of weathering. It also looks like the weathering is kind of grey, almost like from sea salt. Any thoughts on that?

4bf9d0dd0b278e2549320e1602a01b52.jpg

9475d89b17e3e0d5899fdd586794986e.jpg

71a1bd3cbbae56d714702755348b10d2.jpg

66b1750c0b27e9f5425dc6a6a4003208.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am so sorry I just noticed this post.  

I would stick with standard ST weathering.  My guess is the weathering looks light because of how hot the exposure setting is on the camera.  I don't think it's necessary to reinvent the weathering scheme as we did with the Biker Scout from the Mandalorian.  

The chest, buckles and straps , armour faulds , bells and helmet are repainted. The rest is original R1 costume. There is a lot less dirt on the repainted parts and no chips or scuffs/edge wear ,also the helmet is missing lots of black details , terrible overspray on the mouth greeblie and the chest lozenge is not black. 5ff79bbb9f6914eeb3a8ffd93d586426.jpg
Just not blue enough the white blue for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cb2d0ded8dbbfb7f2ffeaf03594a595c.jpg