fitting the shin armor

Dekkers240

I have been wondering about this , as I have built a few clones already, both realistic and animated.How does this work with fitting the shin armor on the Kashyyyk trooper, as it needsto be seamless , as a tight fit would be preferable, I'd want this as tight as possible.Is there a way , to have the leg armor be detachable/opened up on the innerside for instance , as there isn't an option for leg spoons , like with the other type clones.

1 hour ago, Dekkers240 said:

I have been wondering about this , as I have built a few clones already, both realistic and animated.How does this work with fitting the shin armor on the Kashyyyk trooper, as it needsto be seamless , as a tight fit would be preferable, I'd want this as tight as possible.Is there a way , to have the leg armor be detachable/opened up on the innerside for instance , as there isn't an option for leg spoons , like with the other type clones.

There isn't, you just keep it open enough to slide your foot into the gaurd.

20190519_083244.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 3/11/2023 at 6:18 PM, Dekkers240 said:

I'm a little late seeing this but did you ever come up with a way to make your shin armor as tight as you wanted?

Not exactly, but I just went with it in the end, ofcourse I had to trim down the boot-armor, and trim of the return edge at the bottom ( at least the boot armor had a return edge), this kind of gave me at least , enough room to get my foot through without making the gap ...way too oversized, well it's kind of rain-boot sized now, which I have to be satisfied with I guess.

I fiberglassed the edges of the calves , to make up for the missing return-edge , so in the end , trimming off the return edge did it for me, also you need to take the boot-itself into consideration, when assembling the calve-armor.

9865f7770eaf8f33915e8446cdcc2632.jpg

Ofcourse the calves will never be as short or tight like in the reference picture, but I'm always straving to aproach the source material as much as possible.

361918396-6836589563027573-3638700105636

I might still have to trim the calves down a bit, but it all depends on the nose-armor, my lower legs are long enough to make it work though.

• 2 months later...

Is there a way you can hide the strap over lap inside the front of the armor, inside the plastic? That's what most people do.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk