New WTF Patrol Trooper Armor Set

Hello Folks,

I received my WTF patrol trooper set after waiting for awhile but at least it was finally delivered!  Looking forward to my new build as this is just the armor pieces that I have for now.

The set is a mixture of ABS for the armor pieces and resin for the helmet greebies and chest/back pieces.  The two black and white straps seem to be made out of a rubber material.

Can someone please advise me if I have all the pieces that I need or if there are any missing?  So far, I do see a few pieces missing that didn't come in the box.  If anyone else has a WTF kit, did yours come with the same pieces like mines?

Thanks.

20230216_192230.jpg?dl=0

20230216_192759.jpg?dl=020230216_193354.jpg?dl=020230216_193826.jpg?dl=020230216_193845.jpg?dl=020230216_193853.jpg?dl=020230216_193900.jpg?dl=020230216_193906.jpg?dl=020230216_193918.jpg?dl=0

@Hask want to take this one?

Hi Ted im Kris. I have not seen WTF kit in person, does he provide a list of parts?

Hi Kris,

I've asked Walt what is included in the kit and asked for pictures of them.  I only received 1 pic but it only showed some pieces in his workshop.  He did provide me a pic of the completed armor.

Comparing his kit to the CRL and with Armory Shop Props, I can see a few pieces that are missing.

• Like 1

Hi Ted, how are you? Nice to see that. I am 3D printing mine and it's taking a while, I had to re print several parts, it's a neverending story. I see in your photos some parts that costed me lots of time and filament just put together in yours nicely!!!

Just a heads up, the forearms you got are mirrored...

Np9Fgbr.png

...but they are actually different. See the image below:

800px-PT_forearms.png

I don't see the "heel guard", "dogbone" and "toe armor".

Also the helmet looks somewhat weird, I'll let the experts share their thoughts on that matter.

Either way, congrats man! Happy building!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Looks interesting. I saw this option on his FB page and I'm glad to see someone got one for us to look at. Seems like most of the parts are there but it can't hurt to ask for an itemized list or whatever helps to map all the parts.

Was there some sort of filter on the camera to change the focus when taking photos of the helmet? Just looks oddly distorted...

• Like 1

@MrPoopie any thoughts for our friend?

Definitely the parts that @MatuteX77 pointed out along with needing to add the missing triangular parts that are on the sides of the ab sections. It's hard to see if every small detail bit is there without cataloging everything though. The helmet does look like all the parts are there aside from the screen mesh that's used for the aerators. 

Is the blaster holster included? Or the baton and holster?

Like @Hask said, a parts list would be great then it would be easy enough to see if everything included in the kit is present. We know that there are some parts that WTF doesn't include in the kit from seeing a couple of finished Patrol Troopers but that are needed for the CRL.

• Like 1

I see the thermal detonator end caps, but no actual thermal detonator… I remember when Walt first came out with this kit, the flat sheet of ABS was supposed to be the “toe armor”….

😐

22 minutes ago, WenSparrow88 said:

I see the thermal detonator end caps, but no actual thermal detonator… I remember when Walt first came out with this kit, the flat sheet of ABS was supposed to be the “toe armor”….

😐

Isnt that the detonator next to the right leg armor?

20230216_192759.jpg?dl=0

• Thanks 1

Just now, BikerScout007 said:

Isnt that the detonator next to the right leg armor?

20230216_192759.jpg?dl=0

You got it! 

And link to Walt putting items in the box on Facebook… if link doesn’t work, search “Patrol” on his page, and it’s from 12/9/2021.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/waltstrooperfactory/permalink/4367725713339615/?mibextid=W9rl1R

• Like 5

Looking back at the 1st set of helmet pics, they do look kind of narrow and a bit off.  Maybe it's the camera angle or lighting that I took them with, but I took a few more and the helmet looks more full now.

So looks like I'm missing the following pieces:

-Baton, Baton holster, Blaster gun holster, Toe cap, Heel guard, Dog bone, black rubber helmet brow, lens piece.

20230310_220652.jpg?dl=020230310_221736.jpg?dl=020230310_220819A.jpg?dl=020230310_221720B.jpg?dl=0

Here is another link on the helmet. I think you have the helmet brow. In your pictures, it’s the third one you originally posted with the helmet. The large “n” looking black piece. You just may have to cut it to size.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/waltstrooperfactory/permalink/2623425787769625/?mibextid=W9rl1R

Otherwise, I think your list is spot on. 

Walt got one of his Patrol Troopers approved. From experience I can tell you that all the WIPs and the mentors on here are amazing to help you through this mess.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A few questions with the helmet and the leather pouches........

I started cutting out sections of the helmet with my Dremel tool.  For the teeth, how far down should I go as I am following the grooves for each?

20230402_181716.jpg?dl=0

There's supposed to be 4 teeth on both sides.  Is the section in red circle the gap that I need to cut out?

PT_Helmet_1.jpg?dl=0

Am I supposed to completely drill out all 12 vent ports or are these grooves deep enough as is?

20230402_174533.jpg?dl=0

I found these pouches on Etsy measuring 4.75" x 2.25" x 1".  Are these acceptable for 2 out of 3 pouches?

What is the size of the smaller pouch?

deathtroop%20pouch%202.jpg?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

@Hask @Ruthar -- any pointers here?  

Sorry @Major Space Cadet -- our Patrol Trooper team was at Celebration last week!

• Like 1

Apologies as I am still on holiday. You could cut another there just be careful you dont go into the cheek area. I dont have access to my pouches right now.

• Like 1

I don't have that final tooth area cut out, I just have it painted black since it is so very narrow. In terms of length, I think you have cut enough - the shield plate that covers the area will cover the bottoms of those cutouts.

For the boxes, 2.5" might be a little on the wide side. Mine are 4" x 1.5" (here's a link to my belt box part of my build). Hard to say for certain though without seeing what they look like placed on the belt itself.

• Like 1

I checked the CRL and it doesn't state the sizes of the leather pouches.   But for level 2, it says "Belt Boxes and pouches conform to size and shape of screen references".  Does anyone know what those measures are?

So perhaps those two Etsy pouches would be sufficient for the 2 larger pouches?  I just need to find a smaller pouch for the single one.

As for the ribbed belt, can I use the version from "belts of the first order" or Trooper Bay?  Trooper Bay's version is only 2.75" though.

https://www.facebook.com/BeltsoftheFirstOrder/photos

https://www.trooperbay.com/products/the-force-awakens-first-order-stormtrooper-belt?pr_prod_strat=use_description&pr_rec_id=5ce42eeee&pr_rec_pid=7466439770262&pr_ref_pid=7466434592918&pr_seq=uniform