Cumberbund question

I picked up a decent cumberbund from a member here, very nice quality. The height is right but I have to take it in about 4". The easy way is the add 2" velcro but then the closure won't be in the center, it would be off to the left a bit. I don't see anything in the CRL about it, just that it closes right-over-left. The harder part, for me and my sewing skills, it to cut it down so it closes in the middle. 

Would it pass the CRL if the closure was off center? Thoughts?

For some reason the bottom pic is flipping 90 degrees. 

In the center:

Ri6jbuh.jpg

Off center:

1zu1Mhl.jpg

The back of the bund does not need to be perfectly center aligned no, but it should be in that ballpark. From what I can see in your second photo, that should be okay, though you should try it on again once you get your back armor fitted to see how it looks overall.

Had to get my wife to help out a little, but its not as off center as I thought it was going to be. Granted I need to straighten the back plate a bit and bring it up but it had slid down

uDL28DI.jpg

As Chopper mentioned that looks like it'll be ok for basic approval. Might want to run it by your OLG GML just to be sure they are ok with it.

Is it totally impossible for you to adjust it? The photos we have of the back of the bund shows them fairly well centered -- actually more consistently so than we see on the ROTJ scouts.

I'd encourage you to alter it if you have the ability. If not, then like Retrofire says, you can see if your GMLs are okay with it for basic.

MandoScoutsBack.jpg

It's not totally impossible. I think it's the outcome I may be afraid of lol. Most of my sewing is done where it is usually hidden. I'm going to have another look tonight, had to take a breather amd come back to it. 

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Is it totally impossible for you to adjust it? The photos we have of the back of the bund shows them fairly well centered -- actually more consistently so than we see on the ROTJ scouts.

I'd encourage you to alter it if you have the ability. If not, then like Retrofire says, you can see if your GMLs are okay with it for basic.

Alright, it was easier than I thought to reposition the center. Its slightly off but I'm fairly happy with the result. My sewing skills must be improving. 

I had to take the photo myself so its a little goofy

lKSxH42.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I have Velcro behind my pouches(side facing my vest) and then hook Velcro on the vest to connect to the bund01a9a4b08ff674fc4f039fa3da7be3aa.jpg
Vest facing side
379748fc1f237027e8fe2c29cef2abe5.jpg
Pouch facing side for reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ruvain West said:

I have a quick question. Mine is sagging a bit due to the pockets. Would you guys know the best way to hold it up??

Check this post for all kinds of tips. Velcro is your friend.