Helmet choice

Hey all (again)!

Debating on helmets for my scout. I've owned Studio Creations in the past and are pretty good and fit my head. Are Cyber Craft approvable? I didn't find anything in the search (link below). And Kroperkel, I hear they are for bigger heads, any truth to that?

https://cyber-craft.shop/collections/scout-trooper/products/star-wars-scout-trooper-stormtrooper-helmet

I would go for a Kropserkel or Studio Creations helmet before getting the Cyber Craft helmet. The Cyber Craft helmet has a considerable number of inaccuracies.

The Kropserkel helmet does fit larger heads, but most anyone can wear it without it looking oversized or off scale.

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I would go for a Kropserkel or Studio Creations helmet before getting the Cyber Craft helmet. The Cyber Craft helmet has a considerable number of inaccuracies.

The Kropserkel helmet does fit larger heads, but most anyone can wear it without it looking oversized or off scale.

Yeah. I was comparing the cyber craft and I do see some, not mention it's a little pricey. Thanks for the input!

• Like 1

I would agree. If you are going to spend that much, just skip right to the accurate ones (RS, Strider, etc.).

MonCal sells a very accurate bucket too!

• Like 1

Hey ya Fellow Scout Troopers!

I was looking to see what everyone thought of Studio Creations, both for the bucket and armor. Is Studio Creations 501st approvable?

I was also looking at 7CS for a bucket. 7CS (Seven Cat Studios - many know the owner, Darth Vorhees) is well known to us cosplayers in the Boba Fett Community for having well made Jetpacks! I’m assuming his same passion follows into the Scout Trooper?

As I understand it, the 7CS is based off of what was known as the “LT” sculpt, I don’t know who or what that was, but was told LT buckets were the best before RS Prop Masters came on the scene.

Thanks for any Intel on this!

Cheers,

-Iron

• Like 1

4 hours ago, irongladiator said:

Hey ya Fellow Scout Troopers!

I was looking to see what everyone thought of Studio Creations, both for the bucket and armor. Is Studio Creations 501st approvable?

I was also looking at 7CS for a bucket. 7CS (Seven Cat Studios - many know the owner, Darth Vorhees) is well known to us cosplayers in the Boba Fett Community for having well made Jetpacks! I’m assuming his same passion follows into the Scout Trooper?

As I understand it, the 7CS is based off of what was known as the “LT” sculpt, I don’t know who or what that was, but was told LT buckets were the best before RS Prop Masters came on the scene.

Thanks for any Intel on this!

Cheers,

-Iron

Both Studio Creations and the 7CS helmet are approvable, provided they are constructed and painted correctly. The Studio Creations helmet runs a little smaller, so if you have a large head, then there are other options out there.

The 7CS helmet uses Lone Wolf helmet/LW sculpt with permission, which up until the RS helmet came out, was considered one of the best helmets out there. Lou does a great job.

You might also want to look at this thread: http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/topic/23117-ultimate-helmet-comparison-thread/#comment-91027

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Circling around to close the loop, maybe it will help someone in the future with a search. I am waiting to hear from someone to see what their going to charge for shipping but it's a Kropserkel helmet kit. It's a B pull but should work for a remnant Mando scout. So the price is right. If not, I'll probably go with a SC since I know they fit. Possibly slightly tight but not uncomfortable.

In a side note I traded a message with Darth Voorhees, to inquire in his lead times. He's pretty full and I'm trying to get my TB (second costume) approved for an event album the end of March. He's not sure he could make it in time otherwise I would be going with his bucket. He's a super nice guy and would recommend him. 

• Like 1