40th Anniversary Meetup - Research

Whistler
Message added by BikerScout007,

IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING, PLEASE FILL OUT THE INTEREST FORM.  This is just to get a headcount and collect contact info.  If there ends up being a troop run by GGG, folks will need to sign up on their forum:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScpHweP-F_iePSCAeb0wo5Ht53SNs0geRYdRxdxFJ0oI7J7OA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Okay so here's a list of things I've thought of that we can work from:

1.  DateJUNE 3RD 

2.  Logistics -- Driving or flying are the options.  The closest airport is Arcata/Eureka airport.  Flying into SFO is also a possibility but it's about a 5 hour drive from there.

3.  Accommodations -- We are working on getting a list of hotels.

4.  The meeting spot -- For now, Cheatham Grove is the choice.  It was used in the film.  From what we've been told, it's fairly isolated and has a tiny parking lot to service the campground.   We may have to carpool to get a large number of troopers there.

5.  Local organizations - We are working with the Humboldt Film Commission who are throwing a 40th Anniversary ROTJ event that weekend.  We are also in contact with Golden Gate Garrison about a troop; that is still in the works.

6.  Charity --Frankly us just being there and spending money is the best thing we can do for the community, according to the film commission.

7.  Merch --  Working on it

8.  Props -- @MrPoopie and I have discussed bringing up the So Cal Speeder Bike.  

9.  Other invitees -- Obviously we will do an all Scout Trooper pic, but I think invitations can go out to any Battle of Endor troopers -- so TKs, AT-ST drivers, etc.  

1 hour ago, Wynterhawk said:

Definitely watching this thread, but am coming from the east coat. I have to think long and hard :)

If I've said it once, I've said it 1000 times.... the 40th Anniversary only happens once :) 

• Like 1

• BikerScout007 changed the title to 40th Anniversary Meetup - June 3, 2023

Still waiting on the event details from GGG and the organizers.  

Hopefully we can get hotel information once all that is squared away.  

Our goal is still to get a ROTJ pic at Cheatham Grove on June 3rd and hopefully participate in whatever event is decided on for that day.  

Will post more info as I get it!

• Like 3

On 3/9/2023 at 2:45 PM, BikerScout007 said:

Still waiting on the event details from GGG and the organizers.  

Hopefully we can get hotel information once all that is squared away.  

Our goal is still to get a ROTJ pic at Cheatham Grove on June 3rd and hopefully participate in whatever event is decided on for that day.  

Will post more info as I get it!

I just reserved a campsite at Grizzly Creek Redwoods State Park.  Currently it costs about 77 dollars to get a campsite for the weekend of the meetup:3E31470B-B465-4687-840F-4433696F922B.jpeg.a44c27f81b7a21f880e988a12335c6f0.jpeg

3AAAD235-E403-4B61-95DC-1D9DB8FC063A.jpeg.8792a28230dbf881532f14b5bf0d1379.jpeg

the site is located by the Van Duzen River and is tent only locations.  May seem a little rough but for the more adventurous types this may be a way to save on costs.  Sites can hold up to 15 people and two cars.  For more information go here for reservations: https://www.reservecalifornia.com/Web/

hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Whistler said:

I just reserved a campsite at Grizzly Creek Redwoods State Park.  Currently it costs about 77 dollars to get a campsite for the weekend of the meetup:3E31470B-B465-4687-840F-4433696F922B.jpeg.a44c27f81b7a21f880e988a12335c6f0.jpeg

3AAAD235-E403-4B61-95DC-1D9DB8FC063A.jpeg.8792a28230dbf881532f14b5bf0d1379.jpeg

the site is located by the Van Duzen River and is tent only locations.  May seem a little rough but for the more adventurous types this may be a way to save on costs.  Sites can hold up to 15 people and two cars.  For more information go here for reservations: https://www.reservecalifornia.com/Web/

hope this helps.

Which slot did you get?  I was looking at the group site to see if multiple people wanted to go in, but it looks like it's taken for that time frame.  Might get one later today.  Going for the 2 of June so we can be near the photo area, but for Saturday might get a hotel, still debating.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EdwinG said:

Which slot did you get?  I was looking at the group site to see if multiple people wanted to go in, but it looks like it's taken for that time frame.  Might get one later today.  Going for the 2 of June so we can be near the photo area, but for Saturday might get a hotel, still debating.

I got slot 14 by the River.  I’ll be bringing one car, so if someone needs to stage a car to get people out there they can.  Still looks like half of the 30 sites available are still available.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Whistler said:

I got slot 14 by the River.  I’ll be bringing one car, so if someone needs to stage a car to get people out there they can.  Still looks like half of the 30 sites available are still available.

that's amazing!  Thanks

• Like 1

I got slot 2 (at Grizzly Creek RW SP camp site), also facing the river though not sure I can see it 😄.  Was looking for something close to 14 and 15 was available, but it’s more to the inside, its also closer to the road which I heard can get a bit noisy at night at times.

I got it for June 2, check out on the 4th, but I might leave early to go to a hotel for Sat and Sun.  Just got it the 2 days so I won’t have to worry about packing up on the 3rd, the morning of the event.  I can come back any time in the day and pack up things to head to a hotel or if that don’t work out, I got another night at the spot.

I’ll be up the forest from Whister.  They say they have food lockers wonder the size, not that I carry much, mostly MREs and ready to eat type stuff.  Anything else I’ll just go to a restaurant.

I got a 6 man tent (that sleeps 4, maybe) blackout type, I use a cot, sleep pad and my sleeping bag and I’ll be off to la la land.  Got a nice Mr Heater, just in case for those night.

Anyway, so there’s another spot to park if needed, till we get more news of events and hotels, at lease I got a hole to park my rear at for now.  😁

• Thanks 1