Happy 40th Anniversary, Scout Trooper!

BikerScout007

Pathfinders%2040.png

Well as previously mentioned, the theme for this year will be the 40th Anniversary of "Return of the Jedi" and of course, the trooper that started it all for the Pathfinders: the ROTJ Scout Trooper!  Every costume we have in this Detachment is an offshoot of this guy, so there is lots of cause to celebrate!

Before anyone asks, YES THERE WILL BE MERCH.  We are planning on patches, coins and a racing shirt based around this design.  We also have several other things in the works, including a meet up in Northern California at the site of the film shoot.  More details on that as we have them.

In the meantime, enjoy our awesome 40th Anniversary Design by Pete Hague!  We want everyone to get hyped for this year!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Great design. Huzzah to the year of celebrations.

• Thanks 1

I’m stoked!!! And the CA meet up is a super cool idea. Can’t wait to hear more!

• Thanks 1

oh man... now I'm tempted to build my Scout as ROTJ not Remnant....

A Northern Caliifornia meetup sounds epic too... for those outside of the USA do you have any idea when??? :o

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, andylah said:

oh man... now I'm tempted to build my Scout as ROTJ not Remnant....

A Northern Caliifornia meetup sounds epic too... for those outside of the USA do you have any idea when??? :o

Been talking with someone native to the area and they suggested June as the best time to go

• Like 1

I doubt I'd be able to make a meet up this year (my year is already getting busy with travel), but sounds awesome!

One of the things I am super sad about is that I used to live a few hours away and visited the area a few times but didn't start doing 501st stuff (and especially my Scout) till after I moved out of state...  :( 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, iceknyght said:

I doubt I'd be able to make a meet up this year (my year is already getting busy with travel), but sounds awesome!

One of the things I am super sad about is that I used to live a few hours away and visited the area a few times but didn't start doing 501st stuff (and especially my Scout) till after I moved out of state...  :( 

It's going to be tough because it is like....the middle of nowhere!  But we'll try to find a spot that's convenient for the most amount of people.  

I mean, I'm sure most of you know this, but the film was shot on private property around trees that were clear cut after production.  So we would only be getting close!  

There are some trees that I believe were filmed with the Steadicam for the speeder bike chase that are still there.  

1 minute ago, BikerScout007 said:

It's going to be tough because it is like....the middle of nowhere!  But we'll try to find a spot that's convenient for the most amount of people.  

I mean, I'm sure most of you know this, but the film was shot on private property around trees that were clear cut after production.  So we would only be getting close!  

There are some trees that I believe were filmed with the Steadicam for the speeder bike chase that are still there.  

Truth.  Also, it was 40 years ago in a Forrest.  LOL!

I mean, just being "in" the Redwood area is going to make for some awesome pics!  You don't really have to go very far in either.  At least, from what I remember (it's been quite a few years since I was up there).

And if anyone has (or could make) a Speeder Bike for photo ops, man, that would be so friggin cool!  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, iceknyght said:

Truth.  Also, it was 40 years ago in a Forrest.  LOL!

I mean, just being "in" the Redwood area is going to make for some awesome pics!  You don't really have to go very far in either.  At least, from what I remember (it's been quite a few years since I was up there).

And if anyone has (or could make) a Speeder Bike for photo ops, man, that would be so friggin cool!  

I have talked to @MrPoopie about this, and we are discussing taking the So Cal speeder.  Once he paints it back to the proper color!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

I have talked to @MrPoopie about this, and we are discussing taking the So Cal speeder.  Once he paints it back to the proper color!

I just need to strip off the Mando white (plastidip) and it'll be good to go. I just want to strengthen up the handlebars but there's a plan for that too. I'm just not going to bring it up until our Treadie builder is finished with that project. 

• Thanks 1

Jason,
I'd be interested in knowing where you grew up? You know that's a small community. I was in Scouts also; I wouldn't be surprised if we crossed the same path.

I wouldn't be surprised!  I was in Troop 60, based out of Stockton.

I was born in Mountain View but grew up mainly in the Central Valley (Lodi/Stockton area) and we traveled and camped all throughout the state.  A lot of stuff close to us, like Calaveras Big Trees, Yosemite and lots of stuff up and down the coast but we'd head up to Fort Bragg area and Redwood Parks every once in a while as well.  From the ages of 12-18, I was doing a camping trip like once a month, if not more...

• Like 1

Hey folks!

I have split this topic so that the planning stuff for our meetup will go here:

1 minute ago, Tarragon said:

I took TB-27399 for a photo shoot in the Redwoods back in 2018. Those trees were huge.

I've been to the Sequoias up in the Sierra Nevada mountains.  Not the same trees but pretty dang close:

2021%20Sequoias.jpg

• Like 2