3D printed DLT-19X

Weipertr

While waiting for my armor kit to arrive, I decided to print a DLT-19X. I got the files from https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/star-wars-dlt-19x-blaster-mg-34

I'm still deciding on to weather it or not. So far I'm thinking of leaving it, since I'm planning to do a clean armor without weathering.

V69RTuo.jpg

ud84MKI.jpg

frKDFbf.jpg

• Like 3

Outstanding job! Great finishing work! The smooth finish and no visible print lines really make this stand out. Well done trooper!

The only thing missing is the thin gauge wire that wraps around the t-tracks on the barrel. You’ll see little V notches at the end of the tracks. That’s where the wire goes. You’re GML may not approve it without them. They were a known feature of the DLT19 and are present in the DTL19X CRL photos albeit very tough to spot due to the low resolution of the CRL photo.

Again, outstanding!

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2022 at 9:31 AM, Aradun said:

Outstanding job! Great finishing work! The smooth finish and no visible print lines really make this stand out. Well done trooper!

The only thing missing is the thin gauge wire that wraps around the t-tracks on the barrel. You’ll see little V notches at the end of the tracks. That’s where the wire goes. You’re GML may not approve it without them. They were a known feature of the DLT19 and are present in the DTL19X CRL photos albeit very tough to spot due to the low resolution of the CRL photo.

Again, outstanding!

Any suggestions for wire type and gauge?

Hey Chris!  Sorry for the delay in response.  I had to check the gauge.  It looks like it’s 18 gauge.  I have some 3’ strands of this galvanized steel wire, not sure where it was from as it was given to me a long time ago, but any solid 16 -18 gauge bare wire will work.  Crafting wire generally runs 18 gauge.  

Something like this would work.

https://smile.amazon.com/Beadalon-AWS-18-SS-10YD-Artistic-Stainless-10-Yard/dp/B0063DH2J0/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?crid=169GCN5DX9QC2&keywords=18+gauge+steel+wire&qid=1674004693&sprefix=18+gauge+steel+wire%2Caps%2C91&sr=8-10

You don’t need a lot.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone post a pic of the wraped wire? I still dont know where you mean it to be and cant find any pictures.. just curious 😊

@DaHoff The wire is wrapped around the ends of the cooling fins found on the barrel shroud.

6d06ad561a06022976d1de7ff5eee689.jpg

bbb5c63458166709379b79d557d53734.jpg

Depending on the print, there should be a little notch on the ends of the fins. That notch is for the wire. The wire was used to help secure the fins to the barrel so that they wouldn’t fall off during production.

• Thanks 1

@Aradunnice, thank you for your quick response. Now i know why i didnt find any pics 😅

Nice to know this detail!

• 1 month later...