Buddy and I are just getting started

Hypertwerk4Ever

Howdy all! My buddy and I are just getting started. We wanted to make sure that what we're looking at is at least up to the basic level. Let us know if this combo makes sense. Really appreciate the input.

Soft goods:

- Flightsuit/pouches - https://www.etsy.com/listing/529413725/sw-biker-scout-trooper-complete-soft?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=scout+trooper+armor&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&col=1

- Boots - unknown as of yet

Armor/helmet:

https://studiocreations.com/howto/bikerscout/forsale_bike_trimmedarmorwithhelmetkit.html

Also wondering if there are any good video tutorials for the studio creations kit. As a fun side note, we just bought some trikes that we're going to be modding into speeder bikes. Not sure if anyone has tried something like that, but we're getting ready for the Chewbaccus Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans in the Spring.

Thank you all!

• Like 1

Welcome to the Pathfinders! It looks like you’re off to a solid start. Both Kripton and SC are vetted vendors and make quality products. Keep in mind that no matter what vendor you choose you’ll need to tweak for fit.

As for the speeder bike, have you checked out the build group on FB?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1908006725884573?group_view_referrer=search

And the Garage here on the forum?

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/forum/188-the-garage/

SC armor with KriptonTop soft goods should be just fine for basic clearance, provided that everything is fitted properly.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 6:47 AM, Chopper said:

SC armor with KriptonTop soft goods should be just fine for basic clearance, provided that everything is fitted properly.

Would ya'll recommend getting the helmet from SC as well? They have that kit bundle with both the trimmed armor and helmet pieces. Do people ever mix/match armor and helmet producers? I worry about the plastic matching exactly.

The SC helmet is slightly on the smaller side, so whether or not you want to go with their helmet would depend on your size.

You can check out this thread here to get a sense of some of the helmets that are out there:

• Like 1

Just now, Chopper said:

The SC helmet is slightly on the smaller side, so whether or not you want to go with their helmet would depend on your size.

You can check out this thread here to get a sense of some of the helmets that are out there:

You're the man, Chopper.

On 10/31/2022 at 9:11 PM, Hypertwerk4Ever said:

Also wondering if there are any good video tutorials for the studio creations kit. As a fun side note, we just bought some trikes that we're going to be modding into speeder bikes. Not sure if anyone has tried something like that, but we're getting ready for the Chewbaccus Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans in the Spring.

I just got through a SC build and submitted for approval, I would highly recommend using the RS Props build video tutorial for the scout armor plastic pieces. Everything that they do worked for my SC kit and translated well. Good luck on your build and listen to the brass here they are spot on with their recommendations. I have linked the first video for reference.

• Like 1