Getting started

Outrider

Hey everyone

To start off, I am building toward Lancer level. I know that it will take some serious work to attain that goal but I want to start with pieces that are either already on that level or will not require major overhaul. In that spirit I was looking at the crowprops boots and wondering if someone can tell me if they would be able to qualify for Lancer.

If you're looking to build towards Lancer, then you should peruse this post before buying anything:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/21881-rotj-scout-armor-kit-accuracy-and-level-2-lancer-applications/

For Crowprops, are you talking about his fully built boots, or just the underboots?

His fully built boots originally had some issues with a pinch point in the center of the dogbone, but I'm not sure if he's resolved that or not.

See this review for more info: http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/21923-crow-props-scout-boots-and-gloves-my-take/

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me know.

After reviewing several posts including an approval for Lancer, I have started with ordering a RSprops built helmet and a kit for the armor. 

I’ll review the links for further info. If anyone has other suggestions for boots and how the sizes run, like if I should order up a size it would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

I really want to make the best Scout I can so I can help represent the 501st the best way possible.

• Like 1

Good choice with RS! I have RS myself and I know you’ll be pleased.

Lancer’s a great goal, but keep in mind that Lancer is as much about how everything fits you, as it is about meeting the specs in the CRL. So, you’ll likely need to make adjustments to anything you purchase because not everything is built to lancer specs.

Don’t stress yourself in the process. There’s a lot of fun to be had in building your Scout, that can easily get lost when stressing about details. We’re here to help get you across the finish line, so feel free to hit the armory team up with any questions you may have.

Looking forward to seeing your build!

• Like 1