Calling Nico Helmet Printers, info help please

resqd1

Ok I have a few questions for those that have actually printed a Nico Helmet.

1- Is the visor buck just something to use to make your own visor off of? 

2- what method did you use to size the helmet fit for your head?

3- does anyone have the full file pieced together so I can digitally measure some areas for guess fitting? 

4- Thought is to use Calipers to measure ear to ear, then nose to back of head, then look at digital cross sections of the helmet and measure to make sure the print is the right size when done. 

5- with clone trooper helmets I have printed sizing rings but that is easy with a full helmet file, but with all the pieces it doesn't help with sizing. 

6- the nico files all sit just how they would on your head, does anyone have any different suggestions for print orientation to aid in sanding etc

7- like clone troopers, can you leave supports out of the inside of the helmet top for printing? or it needs support? 

8- how much filament did it take you with supports? 

Thanks in advance to anyone with knowledge on the subject. 

Hi - I haven't printed the files yet but will help where I can.

I'd wager the visor buck is used for vac forming your own visor. You might be able to fit a chopped down curved motorcycle helmet visor to fit.

Lots of folks use/recommend Armor Smith software to figure out/scale foam and 3D files to fit your body. That might be your best bet for a fit. You can also do a small test slice to get an idea for the fit. I'd do a few of the bigger parts to get an idea for the fit on your head.

• Like 1