DVH Missing Magnet

JBar

I've had this awesome DVH blaster for a while and I'm finally getting around to cleaning it up and magnetizing it to my holster but I'm realizing that everyone seems to have an additional magnet in the side of the blaster (where the "x" is). Mine unfortunately only has one in the front where my SC holster won't allow a magnetic connection to. Before I pry apart my blaster and potentially damage it, is this a unique problem for me or am I missing something? I'd like to add a magnet inside the handle but I don't want to ruin it since they're not made anymore

O3OTHYcm.jpg

The only magnet in my DVH blaster is where your magnet presently is (green check).  It is embedded in the same place.  I’m unaware of Lou using magnets in other portions of his blaster.  

The DVH’s trigger guard is metal.  You might be able to get a long magnet and mount it either in or behind the holster so that it secures the blaster via the metal guard.  

The new owner of Lou’s molds is hoping to begin production sometime this fall.  🤞 

20 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

The only magnet in my DVH blaster is where your magnet presently is (green check).  It is embedded in the same place.  I’m unaware of Lou using magnets in other portions of his blaster.  

The DVH’s trigger guard is metal.  You might be able to get a long magnet and mount it either in or behind the holster so that it secures the blaster via the metal guard.  

The new owner of Lou’s molds is hoping to begin production sometime this fall.  🤞 

Ok good to know. Unfortunately the handle isn't magnetic. I'm potentially going to replace the handle but it's a lot of work if I decide to do so. Gotta find the right sized metal and also find a way to bend it and drill holes through it

The transistor on the handle of prior DVH blasters should normally have a magnet. There might have been a run or two where the handle magnet was not included, but it was normally supposed to have one. 

• Like 1

I bought mine ca. 2015 from Lou and it didn't have any magnets or a metal handguard.  Just an FYI.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 3:15 PM, JBar said:

Ok good to know. Unfortunately the handle isn't magnetic. I'm potentially going to replace the handle but it's a lot of work if I decide to do so. Gotta find the right sized metal and also find a way to bend it and drill holes through it

Guess what? Had the scout out for a troop yesterday, and I DO have a magnet in the resistor on the grip!  I never knew that.  

• Like 3