And so it begins...

It's BBB day! I'll keep the progress here. So far I have:

Gloves-Wampawear

Flight Suit-Wampawear

Armor-Studio Creations

Boots-Crowprops (Shipped. Arriving soon.)

Neck Seal-TK 409

Hood-Black Nomex firefighting hood.

287863029_384730740302373_5510404996086350543_n.jpg

• Like 6

BBB Day is the best! The wait is finally over and now the real fun begins. We’re here to help you succeed, so be sure to hit the armorers up with any questions as you get your build underway.

I've acquired some 3/4'' and 1'' ribbed elastic. The CRL says both are acceptable but is there one that is preferred or more commonly used? ABS cement and E6000 on standby. Additional hardware as well. With any luck this will become a proper build thread by this weekend. 

Starting on the bucket. First thing was to line up the cap with the sides and mark it then glue in place with ABS cement. SC sent along an email after my order shipped with PDFs with instructions. Between that and the build threads here I should be ok most of the way. The snout greeblie is black resin and the ears are metal so we're going to have to hit those with some grey. Not a problem. Got a late start today so not much to show off just yet. 

284190595_399819475523792_1296964451015045693_n.jpg

287313662_732028784774524_8257675717834026688_n.jpg

288351532_761728594968911_5955231166598098507_n.jpg

More helmet progress. Took far too long for me to figure out why I couldn't get the face to line up center with the visor and the helmet even though I was (supposedly) using the pilot hole spots. Seems the face was about half an inch longer on the wearers right side than on the left so the face was rotating left of center. Shaved that off. Reshaped the face to fit behind the visor and test fitted everything using screen accurate paper clips ;). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The SC eyeslot is somewhat undersized. I'd go bigger. You can trace a larger outline around it with a soft pencil to get a sense of how it looked when it's opened up a bit more.

Yeah, I agree, you can push it further and sharpen those corners a tad. Plenty of build threads on here of people doing the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress has been slow but steady as I collect more parts and do assembly. Also, can't seem to upload pictures anymore. All my files are too big no matter how I try to resize them. 

You need to use a third party hosting site like imgur/flickr etc., you probably ran out of room on your forum account.

2 hours ago, TK-0380 said:

Progress has been slow but steady as I collect more parts and do assembly. Also, can't seem to upload pictures anymore. All my files are too big no matter how I try to resize them. 

Check this post for adding photos via dropbox: http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/22990-sharing-photos-with-dropbox/#comment-215704