Home made Boots, post your findings

Greetings Pathfinders!

Let's talk homemade boots!
There are quite a few armorers now that sell completely finished Scout Boots, but if you like to make your own, there's a task ahead, for it is difficult to find the right kind of soles, ESPECIALLY if you want a proper 1 colour sole!

Sometimes i scour the internets for those proper soles, (the boots i have now are not good enough for lancers) and at some point i reached the end of the internet, which bummed me out.

So if you happen to run into proper boots, maybe note it down.

One example on the boards here is the water resistant Kingshow boots which can be worked with but those do not ship to Europe, so shipping causes problems for some scouts and each region probably has different options. In some cases it's cheaper to buy finished scout boots, than a timberland that has to ship across the globe.

So...
if you find boots and think maybe these could be used for pathfinders, post some info here.
a picture, or link, or just where to buy them, maybe if you can tell which region they are available would be great.
Even if you are not sure wether they are ok, post it here, others could check it out and leave a review.

Edit:

- Dart suggested Crowprops, they sell the whole boot, but also the shoe with a proper sole. Finishing that by yourself might cut the price by a $100
- Onkelpaschulke suggests Kappa Boots from Europe. good colour sole and cheap

• Digger changed the title to Home made Boots, post your findings

One option is to get the short boots from Crow Props, then finish them with white leather of your own. The soles are good and the boot structure is good. That it's already white makes things a bit easier.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2022 at 11:59 PM, Digger said:

One example on the boards here is the water resistant Kingshow boots which can be worked with but those do not ship to Europe, 

The one used in the (pinned) Boots tutorial is the
Kingshow Men's 1366 Water Resistant Premium Work Boots,
Which is available on the USA side of Amazon 

71tGOKWL4ZL._AC_UY575_.jpg

Like @Dart said, the best base boot to get if you want to make your own is Crowprops.  His soles are replicas of the original Sierra Sneakers used in ROTJ, and they are white.  

• Like 4

In the netherlands you might get your hands on the Kappa boots. At least they are a good choice in germany. If you can't get them in the netherlands send me a PM and I could get them for you and send them to you.

Zalando Web Shop

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 5:10 PM, Dart said:

One option is to get the short boots from Crow Props, then finish them with white leather of your own. The soles are good and the boot structure is good. That it's already white makes things a bit easier.

On 4/19/2022 at 7:55 PM, BikerScout007 said:

Like @Dart said, the best base boot to get if you want to make your own is Crowprops.  His soles are replicas of the original Sierra Sneakers used in ROTJ, and they are white.  

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I just received my Crowprops short boots, and I want to start working on them.  I'm a bit confused on one thing...

Originally, I bought the Kingshow boots from Amazon and started with cutting the notches in the soles, but I just wasn't happy with the way they were turning out.  I also bought the white marine vinyl.

Can I use the white vinyl like I was going to do on the Kingshow to cover the entire boot (including the leather front), or is the normal process to use white leather for the tall part, front strip, and dog bone? 

• Like 1

You still cover everything with the Crowprops boot as you would with regular hiking boots.  He just colored his white.  You would not leave any of the Crowprops boots exposed other than the soles.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

You still cover everything with the Crowprops boot as you would with regular hiking boots.  He just colored his white.  You would not leave any of the Crowprops boots exposed other than the soles.  

Perfect!  This exactly the confirmation I needed.

• Like 3