Endor Finders Glove Sizing Question

Double T

Vacation is over, and I'm starting to get stuff around and saved to start on the Shoretrooper this summer. However, I have a bit of extra scratch now, so I'm going with something small and easy, the gloves.

I'm going with Endor Finders, and using the measuring they suggest, I come up with about 9.5", which is right between L and XL. My first reaction is to just size up to the XL, but then I had second thoughts. I'm used to Rebel/Resistance Pilot gloves, which don't always necessarily fit like a, well, you know. With those, a little loose has been common, at least in my experience. However, aren't Trooper gloves supposed to be a bit tighter? So I go for the L? How much do they stretch? Am I overthinking this?

What size do you recommend I throw in my cart?

Thanks, everyone!
Tony

I would size up.  My experience is the gloves fit snug and when you've been trooping, sweating, walking around -- your hands tend to swell, which makes them a little tight.  

• Like 4

Late to the party on this one but I do think you'll be happy with the XL. I think mine are L (about 8.5-9 for my sizing) and they fit a slightly big in the palm but overall are comfortable.  The gloves were my first piece too and an easy way to transition into the build. 

I would encourage exploring the boots next.  I've had mine for a bit and have been working on their weathering just be wearing them.  They are super comfortable too so it has been an easy investment on them.

I do hope the build goes well once you start it up.

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

Aye, I almost went with the boots, but the gloves were a bit more in my budget right now. I REALLY wish I had the boots when I was on a cruise last week, then I could have worn them out in the beach and surf and really start weathering them appropriately. *laughs*

Gloves will be in next week, and I'll post a reply in here on how they fit, so if anyone else comes in with a similar question, hopefully, this will show up in their search. 

• Like 2

All right, so TIL my left hand is a bit bigger than my right, not something I've noticed on any gloves before.

Of course, you all were right. With that 9.5" measurement being right in the middle, sizing up to the XL was the correct choice. While the L might have fit, I could see the gloves getting very uncomfortable over the course of a troop, especially since you can't just take these off and tuck them into your belt like you can a Rebel Pilot costume.

Threw a couple of pics up on Instagram and put them in a Google Photo album, because it helps me keep track of when I got certain things if I forget to write them down. *LOL*

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iVkqQT6qEr4PRBYA8

AM-JKLU5xn2RSUQHENetTTS7LFiEs_9bCJu_aRY5AM-JKLU0_fPfC4YISW0HybR2ZXVMKccOvz9moph2

Thanks again for all your help. Next up, saving for the boots, then comes the BIG spending with the armor/helmet and the rest of the soft parts. Then the fun begins!

• Like 1

I edited your post to display your images in the body of the post itself!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Double T said:

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you very much!

Here's a handy guide for you for future posts!

• Like 1