A look at RS's Lineage EC-17

woobiee

Hello friends!

To all who are interested, I was fortunate enough to secure one of RS's EC-17 Blasters casted from the late Ira Keeler's personal production blasters. This is one of the closest EC-17s you can get, other than getting the actual prop from ROTJ!

The comparison here is with the excellently made but retired Darth Voorhees' blaster which I think the consensus here would say is one of the best examples offered to the community.

I do not have proper calipers so these are rough measurements

Overall Length
DVH 7 1/2" | RS 7 3/4"

Overall Width
DVH 2 7/8" | RS 3"

Overall Height
DVH 4 7/16" | RS 4 3/8"

Weight
DVH 11.4oz | RS 13.7oz

Main Body
DVH 6" | RS 6 1/4"

Scope
DVH 7 1/4" | RS 7 1/4"

Tip
DVH 7/8" | RS 1"

Overall assessment: As with any RS product, the craftsmanship is high. It is a solid casted piece and is certainly heavier in the hand with sharper detail and features as expected. DVH's blaster in comparison is lighter in a semi-flexible PU rubber material. DVH also has a terrific magnet molded in for a secure fit in the boot holster. Ultimately, I will continue to use DVH's blaster during troops for it's lightness and durability with the bonus of the magnetic attachment. The RS's will be a display piece, a piece of work that celebrates a great and talented person who has influenced the entire movie industry and inspired the child I once was with imagination and wonderment.

ACH11178.jpg?raw=1
ACH11182.jpg?raw=1
ACH11183.jpg?raw=1
ACH11185.jpg?raw=1
ACH11186.jpg?raw=1
ACH11180.jpg?raw=1
ACH11181.jpg?raw=1
ACH11187.jpg?raw=1
ACH11189.jpg?raw=1
ACH11188.jpg?raw=1
ACH11190.jpg?raw=1
ACH11191.jpg?raw=1

• Thanks 3

Good review, Andy. Thank you for that. Goes to show that Lou really did his homework. Hopefully whomever bought his molds will continue the tradition.

• Like 2

Excellent review Andy! Thanks for taking the time to do this. If I saw correctly you can't purchase the blaster separately after the initial run correct? I think RS is also making the DLT 19 for the Sandtroopers but I'm not seeing either blasters in their store.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Retrofire said:

Excellent review Andy! Thanks for taking the time to do this. If I saw correctly you can't purchase the blaster separately after the initial run correct? I think RS is also making the DLT 19 for the Sandtroopers but I'm not seeing either blasters in their store.

Yes that is correct unfortunately. They only now offer it if one commissions a whole scout kit but knows. Maybe they will open it up another run in the future?

To my understanding they do DLT 19s but it's like a special request. I'm on their 'wait list' for one but they warned me it may take some time.

• Like 1

Great work, Andy!  Thanks for taking the plunge and doing this for the Detachment!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

Great work, Andy!  Thanks for taking the plunge and doing this for the Detachment!

No problem at all!

I'll be at the detachment's disposal for any additional information, measurement or photo requests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Awesome Andy! The photo comparison is really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Having the pleasure of owning one of Lou’s blasters, it is great to see how close it measures up to the original. I’m looking forward to his blaster returning to circulation once the new mold owner is ready to begin production. I’d also love to see RS do another run so I can get my hands on that gem.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, woobiee said:

Yes that is correct unfortunately. They only now offer it if one commissions a whole scout kit but knows. Maybe they will open it up another run in the future?

To my understanding they do DLT 19s but it's like a special request. I'm on their 'wait list' for one but they warned me it may take some time.

If they ever do then if you could let me know that would be lovely..

`Other than for the lineage angle im from Manchester where RS is based near and it'd be a little slice of home too hehe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...