How to best weather the bag

My bag and strap came in the mail. It looks great but has that "new" out of the bag look. I'm wondering who here has used the tea bag and/or paints to weather their bag and how did it turn out for you?

• Like 1

MikerScout dyed his to match the belt strap. See the link below.

Otherwise, if it's just looking too "crisp", you could run it through the washer a few times to take some of the sheen off of it.

Other options might be some light misting with a spray can, but I'd rather see a photo before committing to paint.

• Thanks 2

As Chooper said, I dyed mine to match the strap.  I washed it a couple times first with a mild detergent (without color boosters).  My dye was a mix of black tea (earl gray) and coffee.  It got dyed once with that and then again with the same mix and a little bit of green food coloring, Rit might work better, don't over do it.  Once it was all dry I, dry brushed it with the same artists oil paints I used on my armor.  The oil paint stank went away after about 2 weeks.  The color and weathering has held up to multiple troops so far.

• Thanks 1