Peeps, Ive been looking for boots for my build.. Ive been hours online searching and couldnt find anything that was worthy or in my size. I happened to visit a local Walmart and found these beauties on the shelf last pair in my size for a whopping 41 Canadian including tax. I know the 2 tone sole isnt going to get me lancer but Im building a Mando anyways and that option isnt available so... I was wondering if the sole is going to make a difference?  looking for input ..Thank you all in advance. J

BOOT1.jpg

boot2.jpg

As the saying goes, "When in Doubt, Check the CRL."

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Scout-Trooper-The-Mandalorian

For the Mando Scout a "Single colored Sole" is only a requirement for Level 2, not Basic approval, so my gut would e that you should be okay using those for Basic Approval.  Plus, with the Mando Scout, you can use the weathering to help obscure the color differences.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Redhackle said:

Peeps, Ive been looking for boots for my build.. Ive been hours online searching and couldnt find anything that was worthy or in my size. I happened to visit a local Walmart and found these beauties on the shelf last pair in my size for a whopping 41 Canadian including tax. I know the 2 tone sole isnt going to get me lancer but Im building a Mando anyways and that option isnt available so... I was wondering if the sole is going to make a difference?  looking for input ..Thank you all in advance. J

Lancer is available for the Mando Scout under the optional Level 2 requirements of the CRL. That said, for basic clearance the boot you've posted should be fine.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The boots you have look to be the same as screen used (tread).  They are the boots I used as well.  The sole does need to be single color (for lancer) but a little tan spray paint and your weathering will blend everything in nicely.  I used Krylon Tan Camouflage paint on mine and weathered it with Raw Umber artists oil paints.  The Kryon Tan is almost too grey but the Raw Umber softens up the tone.  That's my .02

• Thanks 1